CListCtrl text length limit?
Author Message
 CListCtrl text length limit?

Hi everyone,

Is there a text length limit in a CLIstCtrl's column?

My program acts funny when A LOT of data is loaded into my list control.

Thanks,
Thomas

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:13:24 GMT
 CListCtrl text length limit?
Do you mean a limit on the length of a string or the total number of rows? And what OS are
you using?
                        joe

Quote:

>Hi everyone,

>Is there a text length limit in a CLIstCtrl's column?

>My program acts funny when A LOT of data is loaded into my list control.

>Thanks,
>Thomas

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:21:38 GMT
 CListCtrl text length limit?
On the length of a string... on Win2000

Thanx in advance
Thomas

Quote:
> Do you mean a limit on the length of a string or the total number of rows?
And what OS are
> you using?
> joe

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:13:24 -0500, "Thomas Langhame"

> >Hi everyone,

> >Is there a text length limit in a CLIstCtrl's column?

> >My program acts funny when A LOT of data is loaded into my list control.

> >Thanks,
> >Thomas

> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

> Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer
> MVP Tips: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer/mvp_tips.htm

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:22:12 GMT
 CListCtrl text length limit?
On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:22:12 -0500, "Thomas Langhame"

Quote:
>On the length of a string... on Win2000

I have a vague memory that there is a limit of 255 chars, at least on
some platforms.

--
Charles Calvert             |  Software Design/Development
Celtic Wolf, Inc.           |  Project Management

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:13:10 GMT

1. Simple CListView question: limiting text length

2. Text length limit of CString

3. String length limit?

4. Length limit for variable names in your language?

5. Command Object Parameter Length Limit????

6. Limit on expression length in conditional breakpoint ?

7. BSTR length limits?

8. CFileDialog - Limits On Filter String Length?

9. CListCtrl: aligning item text with header text

10. Is there a limit for CListCtrl - pretty Urgent

11. Item count limit to CListCtrl?

12. the count limit of CListCtrl