need help on getting desktop PC to communicate w/ Pocket PC
Author Message
 need help on getting desktop PC to communicate w/ Pocket PC

I'm working on 2 separate projects for one company to develop software for
desktop and Pocket PC's. If anyone out there knows of any available resources
preferably on the web, that can help me with designing a program that will
synchronize a desktop PC with a Pocket PC for data exchange, and how to actually
exchange data once a connection is established. I'm aiming for serial/USB
connections. I am aware of Windows CE's functions for reading/writing to serial
ports, but I don't know how to program the application on the recieving end (the
desktop) to send and receive data, and how to make my application monitor the
serial/USB ports for incoming data. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in
advance.

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:10:46 GMT
 need help on getting desktop PC to communicate w/ Pocket PC
Windows CE used "Windows CE Services" for automated synchronization. The Add
in comes with the Windows CE device. You can drag and drop in explorer.

[...]

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:57:08 GMT
 need help on getting desktop PC to communicate w/ Pocket PC

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 need help on getting desktop PC to communicate w/ Pocket PC
That's pointless. I'm trying to make a program that synchronizes data. The
question was not "how do you exchange data", anyone can figure out that, the
question was "How do I make a program on both the pocket PC as well as the
desktop to automatically exchange data. After all, this is a programming forum is
it not?
Quote:
[...]

.

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:13:12 GMT
 need help on getting desktop PC to communicate w/ Pocket PC
Ouch. A little harsh for somebody who was trying to help.

Maybe its not pointless after all. Have you considered rather than writing a
whole *new* and undoutedly unstandard sync application that may just
conflict with the *standard* sync application, you can set up the sync
process to "Automatically sync" and write much simpler desktop and CE apps:

  For desktop; you have a process that determines that files need to be
sync- so it copies the files to the sync directory.
  For CE dev; you have a process that checks for new files and acts on those
files (move, process, etc) when they arrive.

  Now you could certainly get creative here and create a "process files"
file that contains special information, say if you   want to be able to
specify where files are placed on the CE device, if they are renamed, etc.
Say a batch file that is always created and sync'd as well, and that is
executed by your CE Dev "monitor" process.

Erin.              -=If you can't think outside the box- at least invest in
a bigger box!=-

[...]

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:47:42 GMT

1. Pocket PC / Pocket PC 2002: CDialog::m_bFullScreen

2. New article at Pocket PC Developer Network - Testing programs on Pocket PC

3. Pocket PC / Pocket PC 2002: CDialog::m_bFullScreen

4. what differencies are between Pocket PC SDK an Pocket PC 2002 SDK

5. How to copy files from desktop to Pocket PC using C#

6. Data transfer between Pocket Pc and Desktop

7. Invoking a desktop application from Pocket PC

8. Developing ActiveX for desktops & Pocket PCs

9. Is Pocket PC device connected to the DeskTop Computer

10. How to transfer file on desktop to pocket pc

11. converting pocket pc application to desktop application

12. Difference between PalmSize PC et Pocket PC