Dialog resources from .rc don't appear in ResourceView.
Author Message
 Dialog resources from .rc don't appear in ResourceView.

Hi,

I created a new project & workspace using the same name as a previous one.
I then copied over the resource.h , .rc and the res directory to the new
project.  When I open my (new) project the dialog resources are not present
in the ResourceView (only the default dialogs for a new resource appear).  I
have recompiled.  What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Fri, 24 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialog resources from .rc don't appear in ResourceView.
Never mind.  I found the answer... need to close the workspace, delete
the .aps file and then reopen the workspace.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I created a new project & workspace using the same name as a previous one.
> I then copied over the resource.h , .rc and the res directory to the new
> project.  When I open my (new) project the dialog resources are not
present
> in the ResourceView (only the default dialogs for a new resource appear).
> have recompiled.  What am I missing?

> Thanks in advance.

Fri, 24 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialog resources from .rc don't appear in ResourceView.

Quote:
> I created a new project & workspace using the same name as a previous
> one. I then copied over the resource.h , .rc and the res directory to
> the new project.

The safest way to port resources between two projects is to create the
new one, and while in its workspace open the old project's .rc file.
You then simply drag resources from the old .rc file and drop them in
the new project's resource view. VC will handle all the necessary file
copying and also take care of porting command ID_s and control IDC_s
etc.

EZ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Link Errors in VC.net that don't appear in VC 6.0

2. ATL functions don't appear in profiler output

3. New classes don't appear on the ClassView tab

4. ATL functions don't appear in profiler output

5. strings don't appear in CComboBox.

6. ATL functions don't appear in profiler output

7. Tool Tips Don't Appear in Win95

8. strings don't appear in CComboBox.

9. Windows don't appear until someone presses the ALT Key

10. Why don't my message boxes appear?

11. With 64k colors in Win95 the CListCtrl and CTreeCtrl Icons don't appear

12. Bug: Multiple reload dialogs after external change to resource.h and x.rc