mfc dll doesn't register (I'm new at this)
Author Message
 mfc dll doesn't register (I'm new at this)

Hi there I'm writing an MFC dll but can't get it to self register:

I -did- make a call to  AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) at the
top of DllRegisterServer, but heck if I know what's going on.  By the way,
can anybody suggest a good book to get me jumpstarted?

Here's regsvr32's output:

blahblah.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not
found.

DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of blahblah.dll
may be in memory.  ......

Thanks!

Ron

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 mfc dll doesn't register (I'm new at this)
Hey,

I'm as new as you to dll programming, but I just finished my first one
today. I haven't needed to use
RegSvr32 becuase mine is a regular dll, not an ActiveX component. I think
you only use RegSvr32 when you are creating something like an ActiveX
control, which needs to be registered on the local
registry to work.

You don't say how you intend to check if it has worked, but I hope this
helps.

        Simon

Quote:

>Hi there I'm writing an mfc dll but can't get it to self register:

>I -did- make a call to  AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) at the
>top of DllRegisterServer, but heck if I know what's going on.  By the way,
>can anybody suggest a good book to get me jumpstarted?

>Here's regsvr32's output:

>blahblah.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not
>found.

>DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of blahblah.dll
>may be in memory.  ......

>Thanks!

>Ron

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 mfc dll doesn't register (I'm new at this)
Did you put DllRegisterServer in the DEF file?

--
Reginald Blue                           | Opinions expressed here do not
Natural Language Understanding  | necessarily represent those of
                                                | My email address is wrong, you

Quote:
> Hi there I'm writing an mfc dll but can't get it to self register:

> I -did- make a call to  AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) at
the
> top of DllRegisterServer, but heck if I know what's going on.  By the
way,
> can anybody suggest a good book to get me jumpstarted?

> Here's regsvr32's output:

> blahblah.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not
> found.

> DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of
blahblah.dll
> may be in memory.  ......

> Thanks!

> Ron

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. mfc dll can't self-register (I'm new at this)

2. COM dll builds but doesn't register

3. Custom Build doesn't register ATL DLL

4. DLL registered well but doesn't work on Win95

5. MFC App + Managed C++ : Release compiles, Debug DOESN'T (operator new issue)

6. Calling function in managed dll from Unmanaged MFC Application doesn't work on XP

7. Mixing MFC Extension DLL's with Regular DLL's

8. .rgs file doesn't register

9. ATL ActiveX Server Object doesn't register

10. DLL dialog doesn't load anymore once changed to statically link DLL

11. Delay Load DLL doesn't work for C++ DLL

12. The new CString doesn't let me compile in Beta 2