LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcwd.lib"
Author Message
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcwd.lib"

I think this library is shipped with MFC. You should try to re-install VC++.

--
Ajay Kalra

Microsoft VC++/MFC MVP
MVP VC FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

Quote:
> Hello everyone,

> I tried to build and run some Sample projects from MSDN.
> I always get this linker error.

> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcwd.lib"

> Having run a through search for this  uafxcwd.lib" file i realize that its
> nowhere to be found on my drive!!!!

> Please what am i supposed to do?
> Where do i find this file?

> Regards,
> shraddha

Mon, 09 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcwd.lib"
Hello everyone,

I tried to build and run some Sample projects from MSDN.
I always get this linker error.

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcwd.lib"

Having run a through search for this  uafxcwd.lib" file i realize that its
nowhere to be found on my drive!!!!

Please what am i supposed to do?
Where do i find this file?

Regards,
shraddha

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcwd.lib"
I believe the uafxcwd.lib is the UNICODE MFC DEBUG library which your
compiler options must be set to. This libray is NOT installed by default
from the VC setup. Re-run the setup, choose Add/Remove options, find the MFC
libaries option and enable the UNICODE option.

Quote:
> Hello everyone,

> I tried to build and run some Sample projects from MSDN.
> I always get this linker error.

> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcwd.lib"

> Having run a through search for this  uafxcwd.lib" file i realize that its
> nowhere to be found on my drive!!!!

> Please what am i supposed to do?
> Where do i find this file?

> Regards,
> shraddha

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcwd.lib"
Also there is a Property Page in vc4.0 and above.  Go to menu item "TOOLS" then
go to "Options" and look under "directories".  Next select the spin control for
"Libraries". This should point to where your .LIB files are located.  If not
you might want to explore with the find command and search for all instances of
"*.lib" or add a collection of lib files to your archive especially your own
.lib files that you created.

Quote:

>I believe the uafxcwd.lib is the UNICODE MFC DEBUG library which your
>compiler options must be set to. This libray is NOT installed by default
>from the VC setup. Re-run the setup, choose Add/Remove options, find the MFC
>libaries option and enable the UNICODE option.

>> Hello everyone,

>> I tried to build and run some Sample projects from MSDN.
>> I always get this linker error.

>> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcwd.lib"

>> Having run a through search for this  uafxcwd.lib" file i realize that its
>> nowhere to be found on my drive!!!!

>> Please what am i supposed to do?
>> Where do i find this file?

>> Regards,
>> shraddha

Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

2. VC 5.0 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"

3. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

4. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

5. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcw.lib"

6. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "***.lib"

7. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

8. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

9. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "scnapi32.lib"

10. Fatal LNK1104: Cannot open LIBCD.LIB

11. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "TEMPFILE"

12. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "TEMPFILE"