Problem Porting a 16 bit DLL to 32 bit
Author Message
 Problem Porting a 16 bit DLL to 32 bit

Quote:
>My colleagues and I are working on porting an application from Visual
>C++ 1.52 to Visual C++ 4.2.  The application consists of an EXE

If you have access to the MSDN CD (and haven't already done so), I
_strongly_ suggest you read the technical article "DLLs in Win32".
Win32 DLLs are significantly different from those in the Win16 world,
particularly in the area of memory. For instance, if you need one
window for the DLL but all instances to have access to it, keeping the
window handle in a shared segment may be necessary, since the copy of
the DLL in each address space has its own DS by default. Similarly, if
you want things done only once, it may be necessary to wrap them with
a shared boolean flag.

Just my $0.02.

Bob Moore [MVP]

Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. porting __segment from 16-bit DLL to 32-bit

2. porting 16-bit int to 32-bit int with asm code

3. help porting 16 bit to 32 bit (partly assembly) application

4. Porting 16-bit to 32-bit code and the use of the LOWORD and HIWORD macros

5. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit

6. Porting 16 bit code to 32 bit : Resource file with RCDATA

7. Porting 16-bit to 32-bit

8. Porting 16-bit app to 32-bit

9. Porting code from 16-bit to 32-bit compiler

10. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit

11. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit in VC++

12. HELP: porting 16 bit mfc program to 32 bit (mfc v5)