Sockets and network traffic
Author Message
 Sockets and network traffic

Hello,

I've just started messing around with CSocket and related classes and was
pleased that Microsoft supplied the chatter source files as an example of
the application of these objects.

Does anyone know where there is some example C/C++ or MFC source code which
demonstrates how to intercept network traffic? I'm curious as to how this
all works.

Thanks,

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:19:13 GMT
 Sockets and network traffic
You're not likely to get MFC source code with this. Why don't you get a good
networking book like 'Computer Networks' by Tanenbaum. This will explain a
small number of network packet headers at at the internet and transport
layers of the OSI seven layer model.

Quote:
> Hello,

> I've just started messing around with CSocket and related classes and was
> pleased that Microsoft supplied the chatter source files as an example of
> the application of these objects.

> Does anyone know where there is some example C/C++ or MFC source code
which
> demonstrates how to intercept network traffic? I'm curious as to how this
> all works.

> Thanks,

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 08:55:18 GMT
 Sockets and network traffic
Robert,

Thanks for the tip, I'll check out that book.

> You're not likely to get MFC source code with this. Why don't you get a
good
> networking book like 'Computer Networks' by Tanenbaum. This will explain a
> small number of network packet headers at at the internet and transport
> layers of the OSI seven layer model.

> > Hello,

> > I've just started messing around with CSocket and related classes and
was
> > pleased that Microsoft supplied the chatter source files as an example
of
> > the application of these objects.

> > Does anyone know where there is some example C/C++ or MFC source code
> which
> > demonstrates how to intercept network traffic? I'm curious as to how
this
> > all works.

> > Thanks,

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:31:34 GMT

1. Measuring network traffic

2. Q:CRecordSet::MoveNext() and network traffic

3. VC++ / ODBC CRecordsets / Network traffic?

4. Q: How to Monitor Network Traffic?

5. How to develop the program monitoring network traffic

6. How can I monitor the network traffic?

7. Unnecessary network traffic using ODBC and jet?

8. Q: How to Monitor Network Traffic?

9. How can I monitor network traffic?

10. Monitoring Network Traffic

11. Network Traffic Monitoring