Missing class in my workspace
Author Message
 Missing class in my workspace

Somehow a class that was in my workspace just disappeared... How would I
get it back in? The source and header files are still in the file list,
and when I try making an identical class it says that my original class
is already in use. It seems like everything says that it's still there,
but I can't see it in the ClassView... how do I get it back in? Did it
"hide" or something? Thanks

Duy Lam

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:50:58 GMT
 Missing class in my workspace
Ah Duy,

In your workplace->FileView tab. Just insert the .h and .cpp files back into
your project.

Hope that helps. :)
Kwan.

Quote:

> Somehow a class that was in my workspace just disappeared... How would I
> get it back in? The source and header files are still in the file list,
> and when I try making an identical class it says that my original class
> is already in use. It seems like everything says that it's still there,
> but I can't see it in the ClassView... how do I get it back in? Did it
> "hide" or something? Thanks

> Duy Lam

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:01:43 GMT
 Missing class in my workspace
give a del *.clw in your project directory
then open the project
I think it should recreate the class info file

Nish

p.s. back up the old one first. :-)))

Quote:
> Somehow a class that was in my workspace just disappeared... How would I
> get it back in? The source and header files are still in the file list,
> and when I try making an identical class it says that my original class
> is already in use. It seems like everything says that it's still there,
> but I can't see it in the ClassView... how do I get it back in? Did it
> "hide" or something? Thanks

> Duy Lam

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:06:05 GMT
 Missing class in my workspace
Try deleting the ".clw" file and re-creating it. The details of how to do
that is posted about once a week in response to questions such as that. You
should close the project and/or exit Developer's/Visual Studio then delete
the file then re-open the project. Execute ClassWizard with the project open
and it will provide you the opportunity to re-create the file. Some thing
else that might help is a rebuild-all.

Quote:
> Somehow a class that was in my workspace just disappeared... How would I
> get it back in? The source and header files are still in the file list,
> and when I try making an identical class it says that my original class
> is already in use. It seems like everything says that it's still there,
> but I can't see it in the ClassView... how do I get it back in? Did it
> "hide" or something? Thanks

> Duy Lam

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:39:42 GMT
 Missing class in my workspace
Yeah I have a similar problem.  Often times if I delete a function from a
class, it disappears from the list.... not sure why it does that

--
Adam

Quote:
> Somehow a class that was in my workspace just disappeared... How would I
> get it back in? The source and header files are still in the file list,
> and when I try making an identical class it says that my original class
> is already in use. It seems like everything says that it's still there,
> but I can't see it in the ClassView... how do I get it back in? Did it
> "hide" or something? Thanks

> Duy Lam

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:16:44 GMT
 Missing class in my workspace
Exit VS and remove the following files: APS, CLW, NCB, PLG and OPT.  Then go
back into VS and ask ClassWizard to re-create the class list.

Quote:
> Somehow a class that was in my workspace just disappeared... How would I
> get it back in? The source and header files are still in the file list,
> and when I try making an identical class it says that my original class
> is already in use. It seems like everything says that it's still there,
> but I can't see it in the ClassView... how do I get it back in? Did it
> "hide" or something? Thanks

> Duy Lam

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:33:40 GMT
 Missing class in my workspace
Close the project and then delete the .ncb and .opt files.

Hal

Quote:

>Somehow a class that was in my workspace just disappeared... How would I
>get it back in? The source and header files are still in the file list,
>and when I try making an identical class it says that my original class
>is already in use. It seems like everything says that it's still there,
>but I can't see it in the ClassView... how do I get it back in? Did it
>"hide" or something? Thanks

>Duy Lam

Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:11:05 GMT
 Missing class in my workspace
I have never had to delete the .opt files. I would be leary of doing
that. However, I often have to delete the .ncb file. Seems it gets
corrupted every so often. I also have to delete the .clw file once in
awhile and then go into the class wizard and have it recreate the .clw
from all of the source files in the directory. But, I bet that at
least once a week I have to delete an .ncb file somewhere. It does not
require anything to be done to get it back.

Kevin

Also, all of the .h files must be included in the project or you will
not see all of the class definitions. Does not matter if you have the
.cpp files included, the .h files are the one that add them into the
class view.

Quote:

>Close the project and then delete the .ncb and .opt files.

>Hal

>>Somehow a class that was in my workspace just disappeared... How would I
>>get it back in? The source and header files are still in the file list,
>>and when I try making an identical class it says that my original class
>>is already in use. It seems like everything says that it's still there,
>>but I can't see it in the ClassView... how do I get it back in? Did it
>>"hide" or something? Thanks

>>Duy Lam

Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:43:35 GMT

1. a class from class view of workspace missing !!

2. a class from class view of workspace missing !!

3. interface tree missing from workspace view

4. V6 Class View sometimes has classes missing

5. Class View class missing

6. Classes missing from Class View

7. Missing Class in Class View

8. Interface Classes/Workspace Window Oddity

9. workspace class display

10. Classes disappear from workspace view

11. Removing classes from a project / workspace

12. Generic class not showing on workspace