Always on Top Window
Author Message
 Always on Top Window

Hi All,

        I have created a modeless dialog box which can be shown on a view based
on a click to the appropriate menu option. But when I minimise this view
the dialog does not minimise with it. How do I associate this dialog
directly with the view - so when the view is minimised the dialog
minimises as well. I would also like to allow the user to move the
dialog only within the view parameters. Anybody help me  in the right
direction.

        Thanks

                Stuart

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Always on Top Window

pass view as pParentWnd in create function

Rajesh Parikh
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

>Hi All,

> I have created a modeless dialog box which can be shown on a view based
>on a click to the appropriate menu option. But when I minimise this view
>the dialog does not minimise with it. How do I associate this dialog
>directly with the view - so when the view is minimised the dialog
>minimises as well. I would also like to allow the user to move the
>dialog only within the view parameters. Anybody help me  in the right
>direction.

> Thanks

> Stuart

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Always on Top Window

You have to make sure the parent of the dialog is the view, not the
main application window.
                                joe

Quote:

>Hi All,

>    I have created a modeless dialog box which can be shown on a view based
>on a click to the appropriate menu option. But when I minimise this view
>the dialog does not minimise with it. How do I associate this dialog
>directly with the view - so when the view is minimised the dialog
>minimises as well. I would also like to allow the user to move the
>dialog only within the view parameters. Anybody help me  in the right
>direction.

>    Thanks

>            Stuart

Joseph M. Newcomer

http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Always on top window is losing the keyboard focus

2. window A is always on the top of window B.

3. window A is always on the top of window B.

4. Making a window always stay on top of other windows

5. Always on top windows & the windows95 screen savers

6. Window always on top flag

7. Output window always on top ?

8. Help windows always stays on top of application?

9. Window always on the top

10. Output window always on top ?

11. Dialog window always on top?

12. Child Window always on top in MDI