Embed Excel + PasteLink
Author Message
 Embed Excel + PasteLink

Hi All,

I am working on embedding excel worksheet on IE browser
using MFC
through COleDocObjectItem class.

I embed two seperate excel workbooks side by side using
CreateFromFile option from insertobject dialog on the same
browser.

Now i wanted to establish a link from one workbook to
other by using the following steps.

a. I enter value 10 on A1 and do copy from first embedded
worksheet and do pastespecial on the other embedded
worksheet at say B1.

b. I select paste link option. and select the excel
worksheet format Microsoft Excel 8.0 format.

I then get the error msg "remote data not accessible.
Start excel.exe"

Can anyone please tell me as to why this message is coming
and
what should i do to successfuly create a link.

This also happens when i tried out the MSDN samples on OLE
(for eg oclient sample).
(In the MSDN samples case I open two seperate instances of
the application and embed on each a workbook)

Just for information. When i embed the excel using the
link option, then the embeded
workbook opens in a seperate window although the linking
between 2 workbooks works fine.
I want to avoid opening in a new window :-(.

Thanks in advance
Rosh

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:37:14 GMT

1. Embed a COM control into an Excel spreadsheet?

2. Excel embedding

3. embedding vs linking Excel charts in the application

4. Embedded Excel problem

5. embed excel

6. Embedding MS Excel wksht in MFC app

7. Still strugling to embed Excel Worksheet.

8. Events in webbrowser-embedded Excel worksheet

9. Embedded Excel / Ole Container

10. Embedded Excel Spreadsheet crashes

11. Unicode PasteLink & DDE

12. Passing parameters from embedded VB to embedded VC++