CSplitterWnd, switching views
Author Message
 CSplitterWnd, switching views

Hello

I would be glad to get some help with my splitter window.

I now have a splitter window with a treeview in the left frame, showing the
contents of a database.
My next problem is to change the contents of the right frame, according to
the item the user select in the treeview.
I'm going to have a view class for every type of information I want to
show.
But how to I switch between several different view classes in the right
pane of my splitter window?
I can think of to ways
1. Make n number of rows in the right colume, each one holding one view
class, and then hide the panes not selected by resize them to the size 0,0
and resize the pane I want to show to the awailable space. (This seams to
be the way to go, or?)
2. Have the number of panes I already have, and then "unload" the view
class in the current right pane and "reload" the new view class.

I'm glad for any comments on this.

regards...
--

Trond-Eirik Kolloen
Prosjektleder Elanders Publishing AS

Tlf work: 22.63.62.89, Fax work: 22.63.65.91, Tlf priv: 22.28.23.91

--

Trond-Eirik Kolloen
Prosjektleder Elanders Publishing AS

Tlf work: 22.63.62.89, Fax work: 22.63.65.91, Tlf priv: 22.28.23.91

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CSplitterWnd, switching views

See this KB article "SAMPLE: Split32: How to Replace a View in a
Splitter Window" ID: Q149257.

Quote:

> Hello

> I would be glad to get some help with my splitter window.

> I now have a splitter window with a treeview in the left frame, showing the
> contents of a database.
> My next problem is to change the contents of the right frame, according to
> the item the user select in the treeview.
> I'm going to have a view class for every type of information I want to
> show.
> But how to I switch between several different view classes in the right
> pane of my splitter window?
> I can think of to ways
> 1. Make n number of rows in the right colume, each one holding one view
> class, and then hide the panes not selected by resize them to the size 0,0
> and resize the pane I want to show to the awailable space. (This seams to
> be the way to go, or?)
> 2. Have the number of panes I already have, and then "unload" the view
> class in the current right pane and "reload" the new view class.

> I'm glad for any comments on this.

> regards...
> --

> Trond-Eirik Kolloen
> Prosjektleder Elanders Publishing AS

> Tlf work: 22.63.62.89, Fax work: 22.63.65.91, Tlf priv: 22.28.23.91

> --

> Trond-Eirik Kolloen
> Prosjektleder Elanders Publishing AS

> Tlf work: 22.63.62.89, Fax work: 22.63.65.91, Tlf priv: 22.28.23.91

--
Girish Bharadwaj [VC++/MVP]
http://members.tripod.com/~GBharadwaj/index.html

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dynamically switching views in a CSplitterWnd pane.

2. CSplitterWnd-in-CSplitterWnd with non-view panes

3. Switching panes in a CSplitterWnd

4. Problems in view switching in Explorer style MFC Doc/View

5. Dynamic change pane for a CSplitterWnd with static view

6. Can you create title frames for CSplitterWnd views?

7. Setting up CSplitterWnd in an non-Doc/View SDI application

8. Retaining Existing Views w/CSplitterWnd

9. CSplitterWnd and non view panes

10. Multi Doc/View in a CSplitterWnd

11. CSplitterWnd: How to hide a view ?

12. View reference in from CSplitterWnd