Force Media Changed event for CD-Rom
Author Message
 Force Media Changed event for CD-Rom

Hi There,

I'm having trouble with the following.
I have written an application which invokes dvdrecord to burn a DVD.
After burning I want to verify that the DVD was written correctly. I have
written a function which compares the DVD with the original directory
structure.

Problem is that when I burn data on a blank DVD, Windows does not see that
data unless I open and close the cd door first (do a hard media change).

Is there an API call or something to force a Media Changed event or
something so that windows knows that it should re-read the cdrom so it
knows the new structure without opening and closing the tray?

Many thanks in advance for any advise!!!

Jeroen

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:42:43 GMT

1. cd-rom cd-r cd-rw detect

2. Change CD-ROM while running from it

3. Change CD-ROM while running from it

4. Detect change of CD-ROM

5. CD-Rom or DVD rom

6. Looking for routiness to play audio CD's in CD ROM drive

7. CD's & CD-ROM Formats

8. How to detect a CD-ROM Drive and whether a CD Rom exists ?

9. CD R Media Low Prices