Wininet : upload file from POST
Author Message
 Wininet : upload file from POST

Using wininet i want upload a file on a server with a post form...
in msdn there is:

A The use of file upload with an HTML form is not a very powerful method of
transferring files. If you're writing a full-blown C++ application, you
should take advantage of the rich networking interfaces supported by
Microsoft? Windows?.?.
      If you are writing a client-side application, I recommend that you use
the WinInet functions (see
http://www.*-*-*.com/
p). Specifically, you should use the FTP functions, since that's the proper
way to transfer files between machines. You'll find some sample code that
illustrates the use of FTP at
http://www.*-*-*.com/
      If you really need to create a C++ application that behaves like an
HTML form, you'll find Knowledge Base article Q165298 useful. It explains
the use of WinInet in an MFC application to simulate form submissions.

I can't use ftp on this server... the only way is to post a form... then as
advice in Q165298 i have read the 8.2 rfc1866 and i'm little bit lost...
i've done this:

  HINTERNET hSession = InternetOpen("MyAgent", INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG,
NULL, NULL, 0);

 HINTERNET hConnect = InternetConnect(hSession, "www.myserver.space.com",
      INTERNET_DEFAULT_HTTP_PORT, NULL, NULL, INTERNET_SERVICE_HTTP, 0, 1);

 HINTERNET hRequest = HttpOpenRequest(hConnect,
"POST","/server/###########~~~.html", NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 1);
/*
How to construct the request to start the upload ???
*/
 strcpy(request,"how to launch the upload ??");
HttpSendRequest(hRequest, hdrs, strlen(hdrs), request, strlen(request))

A solution is perhaps to uuencode my file (it's an xml file) and pass it in
the form...
but i think there is easier way to do that ??
no ??

thanks for your answers....
Lionel Bthoux

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:59:51 GMT

1. Uploading file with wininet and post form

2. Http Post - Binary file upload

3. A Post Http request using WinINet classes ..

4. post form data w/wininet CHttpFile

5. How to use WinInet send POST request?

6. WinInet and posting

7. Wininet Problems POSTing http / SSL

8. Need Help with WinInet MFC Classes POST method

9. post form data w/wininet CHttpFile

10. How to simulate an HTTP POST with WinInet

11. WinInet POST

12. WinInet: local (file://) files with spaces in the path