Implementing "Windows Explorer"
Author Message
 Implementing "Windows Explorer"

I need to implement FULL features of "Windows Explorer".
Not only view(both tree and list) but also various functions(Even pop-up
menu).

My program's appearance is similar as "Windows Explorer".
But it's far from full features.

I saw some program implemented every "Windows Explorer" functions.
For example, "Recycle Bin" with restoring deleted files,
pop-up menu is completely same as "Windows Explorer",
and contents are updated when file is removed or copied by other programs,
etc...

How to implement these plenty of detail functions?
I want some guidelines and source code.

Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:18:56 GMT
 Implementing "Windows Explorer"
Hi,

Take a look on IContextMenu::QueryContextMenu().
You can get IContextMenu for a file object or folder
using IShellFolder::GetUIObjectOf().

Quote:
> I need to implement FULL features of "Windows Explorer".
> Not only view(both tree and list) but also various functions(Even pop-up
> menu).

> My program's appearance is similar as "Windows Explorer".
> But it's far from full features.

> I saw some program implemented every "Windows Explorer" functions.
> For example, "Recycle Bin" with restoring deleted files,
> pop-up menu is completely same as "Windows Explorer",
> and contents are updated when file is removed or copied by other programs,
> etc...

> How to implement these plenty of detail functions?
> I want some guidelines and source code.

Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:47:13 GMT

1. Supressing "Internet Explorer Script Error" dialog

2. view problem in "win explorer" program

3. ATL Wizard "Internet Explorer Object" error

4. CTreeCtrl in "Explorer Style" app

5. implementing "ls eli*"

6. implementing "complete" comparison

7. Implement a "var.Add(...)"?

8. implementing "trace" in c

9. Question on implementing "repeat...until keypress"?

10. Rules for "implements" in VB

11. "Implement Connection Point..." option is missing

12. implement a "kill" with signals