Change date field type from long to Date/Time
Author Message
 Change date field type from long to Date/Time

Platform: VC 6.0, NT4.0
Database: Microsoft Access 2000

Hi,
I am developing a application using VC++ and access database. [Order] table
has following fields
Field                Type
OrdNo            int
Date                long [Note - I can not change its type to Date/Time]

Desire result:
Using view I want to change [Order].[date] field type from long to Date/Time

I am doing followings:-
a) Using Ctime class to manipulate Date/Time and storing its value as long
in [Order] table.
b) I tried to used VBA function Cdate to change its type from long to
Date/Time ACCESS displays #Error. Script used
        i) SELECT [OrdNo], CDate([Date]) AS Expr1 FROM Order

If possible please let me know how can I solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.
Vijay.

Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:42:01 GMT

1. C time/date to Visual Basic time/date

2. Date Time Picker - Date AND Time

3. Can't read time from Access 2000 date/time field

4. Display Current Date in a bound Date field

5. Date or Date and Time Data Entry

6. Q: Need algorithm to convert date-time to Julian date

7. Date Time Picker - Null Date

8. Set Date in Date Time Picker

9. Date and time fields

10. Date/Time field in Access db

11. Update Access 2000 Date/Time field error

12. Find()ing Date/Time fields