Cannot add an ActiveX control to a DLL dialog box
Author Message
 Cannot add an ActiveX control to a DLL dialog box

When I add an ActiveX control (MS FlexGrid or any other) to a dialog box
in a DLL, DialogBox returns "-1" and would not start. The dialog box
works fine without the ActiveX control.

Also, the ActiveX controls work fine in the dialog box in EXE.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks

Pujie

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cannot add an ActiveX control to a DLL dialog box
  AfxEnableControlContainer(); ?

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Quote:
>When I add an ActiveX control (MS FlexGrid or any other) to a dialog box
>in a DLL, DialogBox returns "-1" and would not start. The dialog box
>works fine without the ActiveX control.

>Also, the ActiveX controls work fine in the dialog box in EXE.

>Does anyone know why?

>Thanks

>Pujie

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cannot add an ActiveX control to a DLL dialog box
That's not it.
Quote:

>   AfxEnableControlContainer(); ?

> Johan Rosengren
> Responsable Informatique
> PACTA S.A.

> >When I add an ActiveX control (MS FlexGrid or any other) to a dialog box
> >in a DLL, DialogBox returns "-1" and would not start. The dialog box
> >works fine without the ActiveX control.

> >Also, the ActiveX controls work fine in the dialog box in EXE.

> >Does anyone know why?

> >Thanks

> >Pujie

Sat, 09 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cannot add an ActiveX control to a DLL dialog box
I created a small DLL w a dialog & an OLE control on it.

Putting AfxEnableControlContainer(); in InitInstance and
AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( ));
in the exported function doing the DoModal, the dialog was displayed. If
either of those were missing, -1 was returned from DoModal.

Hopes this helps!

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Quote:
>That's not it.

Wed, 13 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cannot add an ActiveX control to a DLL dialog box

2. HELP: activex control in dialog box in mfc user dll (dialog not launching)

3. i cannot add an item to my list box that is located within my dialog box

4. How do you add an ActiveX control to a dialog box

5. ActiveX control from dialog box in DLL?

6. How to add ActiveX controls to a Activex DLL

7. Problem adding a control (calender control) to the dialog box in vc 4.2

8. cannot instantiate an activex control in mfc dialog based app

9. Generic Thunking and Windows NT: Cannot display dialog boxes in the DLL

10. Cannot launch dialog w/ ActiveX control

11. how to add dialog controls onto ActiveX panel

12. How to Add ToolTips to MFC ActiveX Control based on dialog