No shutdown/logoff with East Asian languages.
Author Message
 No shutdown/logoff with East Asian languages.

Hi Eric,

This issue doesn't seem to be related to East Asian languages support.

MFC is supported in NT service. It may assert when user logoff, please
check the article below for more information:

Q164166 PRB: Assert in Wincore.cpp with MFC in a Windows NT Service
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;EN-US;Q164166

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------

| Subject: No shutdown/logoff with East Asian languages.
| Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 23:45:30 -0800

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
|
| Hi,
| We develop a program (Non-Unicode program) with Visual
| C++ 6.0 which runs in service mode on Windows 2000 and XP.
| Our service use local system account with interaction
| with desktop (User Interface needed).
|
| When we install files for East Asian languages support,
| it is impossible to log off or shutdown system (Windows
| 2000 and XP) when our service is running.
| We must stop it for doing logoff/shutdown system.
| We have messages following in events log :
|  "The attempt to unknow . failed" for logoff.
|  "The attempt to power off . failed" for shutdown.
|
| After tests, we note that the problem occurs ONLY when we
| use MFC classes in our program. Is there any problem with
| MFC and East Asian languages ?
|
| Any help will be greatly appreciated.
| Thanks in advance
|
| Regards,
| Eric

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:01:22 GMT
 No shutdown/logoff with East Asian languages.
Hi Leon,
Thank you very much for your help, it seems resolve our
problem.
Best regards,
Eric
Quote:

US;Q164166

>Hope this helps.

>Best Regards,
>Leo Chen

confers no rights.

>--------------------

>| Subject: No shutdown/logoff with East Asian languages.
>| Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 23:45:30 -0800

>| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
>|
>| Hi,
>| We develop a program (Non-Unicode program) with Visual
>| C++ 6.0 which runs in service mode on Windows 2000 and
XP.
>| Our service use local system account with interaction
>| with desktop (User Interface needed).
>|
>| When we install files for East Asian languages
support,
>| it is impossible to log off or shutdown system
(Windows
>| 2000 and XP) when our service is running.
>| We must stop it for doing logoff/shutdown system.
>| We have messages following in events log :
>|  "The attempt to unknow . failed" for logoff.
>|  "The attempt to power off . failed" for shutdown.
>|
>| After tests, we note that the problem occurs ONLY when
we
>| use MFC classes in our program. Is there any problem
with
>| MFC and East Asian languages ?
>|
>| Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>| Thanks in advance
>|
>| Regards,
>| Eric
>|

>.

Tue, 03 May 2005 13:53:32 GMT

1. ATL service - how to detect shutdown/logoff

2. Start app during shutdown/logoff

3. hide the logoff, shutdown,run item from windows startmenu

4. System Shutdown or LogOff

5. Shutdown/Reboot/Logoff - How can I determine what the user has choosen

6. How VC5 support East Asia language resource

7. Asian Languages

8. Asian Languages

9. wprintf and "double-width" (east asian width) characters

10. How to shutdown NT service when OS is shutdown

11. Shutdown myself? ie shutdown a COM Server

12. delaying shutdown untill service is done handling shutdown message