Help with property page dialog
Author Message
 Help with property page dialog

Hi

Ive used a small tutorial from
http://www.*-*-*.com/
operty_sheets_in_your_application.htm
to get a property sheet app which I need, but when you do that and click OK
it returns to the main dialog which is
of course created with the new project,
How do I make a project so the tabbed dialog box is all there is, ie when
you press OK or CANCEL it just finishes,
ie not returning to any "parent" dialog.
I hope this makes sense.
cheers
LeeH

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:58:27 GMT
 Help with property page dialog
In your app's InitInstance, create the property sheet as the main window.  When
it returns from DoModal, return FALSE. Or, alternatively, call Create instead of
DoModal, and return TRUE from InitInstance.

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:07:26 GMT
 Help with property page dialog
Thanks
what I reallly dont get though is does this mean you cant do property sheet
dialog apps easily in VC
ie, do you have to code them in ?

Because when you do an MFC dialog app with the new MFC appwizard, it creates
a CDialog
that obviously is your main window. Thats what I did, following the
instructions on the page indicated
on my previous post. To me this makes no sense,

Essentially what I need to do is create four dialog pages with various data
items on each
and combine them into a single tabbed dialog so that after making various
settings per tab,
you click a button on the 1st tab and it generates some information in an
edit box based on the
selections in the other tabs ....

is this possible using the MFC appwizard or am I making more work by doing
it this way?

cheers
LeeH

Quote:
> In your app's InitInstance, create the property sheet as the main window.
When
> it returns from DoModal, return FALSE. Or, alternatively, call Create
instead of
> DoModal, and return TRUE from InitInstance.

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:56:13 GMT
 Help with property page dialog

Quote:

> > In your app's InitInstance, create the property sheet as the main window.
> When
> > it returns from DoModal, return FALSE. Or, alternatively, call Create
> instead of
> > DoModal, and return TRUE from InitInstance.

> Thanks
> what I reallly dont get though is does this mean you cant do property sheet
> dialog apps easily in VC
> ie, do you have to code them in ?

> Because when you do an MFC dialog app with the new MFC appwizard, it creates
> a CDialog
> that obviously is your main window. Thats what I did, following the
> instructions on the page indicated
> on my previous post. To me this makes no sense,

> Essentially what I need to do is create four dialog pages with various data
> items on each
> and combine them into a single tabbed dialog so that after making various
> settings per tab,
> you click a button on the 1st tab and it generates some information in an
> edit box based on the
> selections in the other tabs ....

> is this possible using the MFC appwizard or am I making more work by doing
> it this way?

> cheers
> LeeH

The wizard does not create an app based on a property sheet.  Is that
what you "don't get" or think "makes no sense"?  The wizard provides 3
or 4 basic architectures that are suitable starting points for most
apps.

You can start with a wizard-generated dialog app and substitute you
property sheet in place of the wizard's dialog, which is just another
way of saying what Scot suggested.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Wed, 12 Nov 2003 05:42:02 GMT

1. The same dialog box for a stand alone dialog and a property page

2. Property Pages in a Property Page

3. Howto call a MMC Property Page Extending from a Dialog

4. Common dialogs as a property page

5. How To Show A Dialog Box in a Property Page

6. Property pages inside a dialog

7. Size of a property page/dialog from resource...

8. Dialogs and Property Pages

9. Displaying a modal dialog from within a property sheet/page

10. Changing the font in tabbed dialogs (property pages)

11. Tabbed Dialogs and Property Pages

12. Radio Buttons in Property Page Dialog