question about MFC database programming?
Author Message
 question about MFC database programming?

hi, all

can i program an app to access database
without installing such as DAO /Jet db
engine?

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:46:31 GMT
 question about MFC database programming?
Yes, if the database supplies its own API.  There would need to be a very
solid business reason to go that route, though.

Quote:
> hi, all

> can i program an app to access database
> without installing such as DAO /Jet db
> engine?

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:42:04 GMT
 question about MFC database programming?
LinuxMan

Not if that database is Jet based (i.e. something.mdb)

If you are going to use DAO, then  you must have DAO insatalled.  If you are
going to use ADO, then you must have ADO installed.  If the backend is Oracle,
then you will likely need the Oracle client software installed and configured
(then  you will need either ODBC, OCI, OLEDB or ADO)

Note - ADO is installed with OS Windows2000 and later - so there is nothing you
need to do there.  The Jet engine support (although long since depracated) is
available from the MSFT data download site (its free for the downloading)

regards
roy fine

Quote:
> hi, all

> can i program an app to access database
> without installing such as DAO /Jet db
> engine?

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:58:30 GMT

1. Database programming questions (DAO w/ MFC)

2. Please recommend a book on MFC database programming

3. I want to read .mdb database with my program (VC++ winapi NOT MFC )

4. Accessing databases in non-MFC program

5. Database Programming and MFC

6. Database Program: MFC or MSAccess?

7. VC(MFC DAO) AND DATABASE PROGRAMMING

8. VC(MFC DAO) AND DATABASE PROGRAMMING

9. Please recommend a book on MFC database programming

10. MFC / Database / OS questions and considerations

11. Longwinded OO/MFC/Database question

12. MFC / Database / OS questions and considerations