Control bars and focus
Author Message
 Control bars and focus

I have a problem with list boxes that resides within a control bar. I want
them to respond to arrow keys and mouse wheel to scroll up and down, but
they never seem to get the messages. It occured to me that this has to do
with the window focus and message routing. The mainframe or MDI child window
remains the focus window even if you click on a control bar. So that is
where the WM_CHAR and WM_MOUSEWHEEL messages arrive.

If you look in DevStudio, things are working just fine. If you click in the
class tree, you can use the arrow keys to scroll up and down in the tree, if
you click in a source window (MDI child), you can use the arrow keys to
scroll up and down in your code. So there has to be a "secondary focus"
mechanism somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it. GetFocus() or
GetActiveWindow() doesn't do it, 'cos I've tried them.

Any clues ?

Bendik

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Control bars and focus

I've got a similiar problem; how can I detect that a ComboBox Control on a
ToolBar is loosing the focus (or a return hit after a value has been
entered) ?

    Any clues ?

        Maarten

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Floating Control bar focus problem

2. Associate Dockable Control Bar with Tool Bar?

3. Adding a progress bar control to the status bar

4. C# Focus Issues - Touch Screen - User Controls - Button Control - TextBox

5. Pass control-focus to control from a manager class

6. Title bar loses focus in lightweight property sheet implementation

7. Need to control when a control gets the focus on a dialog

8. MDI application, window title bar not reflecting focus

9. focused slider bar face

10. How can I highlight a window's title bar without setting the focus

11. CListCtrl: The List Control de-highlights when the control loses focus

12. Fist focus on Dialog Bar?