Please Help - CMSChart in CView doesn't work on machines that don't have MS's IDE
Author Message
 Please Help - CMSChart in CView doesn't work on machines that don't have MS's IDE

All,

 I know that my subject is sort of a mouth full, but I got my chart
working the
way I wanted and went to test it on one of the target machines that my
tool will
run on and my view that the chart is suppose to be in was all black!
My first thought was that the machine that I was running my tool on
was missing files. Well, the machine was missing MSchart.ocx and
Mschrt20.ocx but after copying these files over to my target machine
still the same problem. I also ran REGSVR32.EXE on both the chart ocx
files still no joy!

 Also I must mention that if I put this control in a dialog it works!
But, I need to put in a view to maintain consistency in my tool.

Thanks for nay and all help

Michael B Williams

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:53:47 GMT
 Please Help - CMSChart in CView doesn't work on machines that don't have MS's IDE
Hi,
You need to register the chart control:

regsvr32 mschart20.ocx

from the command prompt.  Also you need to give the control a run-time
license. Have a look at knowledge base articles Q151804 and Q151771.

Also please don't post to so many groups in the future.

Regards,
--
Adrian O' Neill - post replies to newsgroup.
Remove * from e-mail address to reply.

Quote:
> All,

>  I know that my subject is sort of a mouth full, but I got my chart
> working the
> way I wanted and went to test it on one of the target machines that my
> tool will
> run on and my view that the chart is suppose to be in was all black!
> My first thought was that the machine that I was running my tool on
> was missing files. Well, the machine was missing MSchart.ocx and
> Mschrt20.ocx but after copying these files over to my target machine
> still the same problem. I also ran REGSVR32.EXE on both the chart ocx
> files still no joy!

>  Also I must mention that if I put this control in a dialog it works!
> But, I need to put in a view to maintain consistency in my tool.

> Thanks for nay and all help

> Michael B Williams

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 21:40:19 GMT

1. Please Help - CMSChart in CView doesn't work on machines that don't have MS's IDE

2. Don't know why this doesn't work, but

3. Tool Tips VC 5.0 don't work on some machines

4. Help Wnet API's don't seem to work under WINNT Service Control Manager

5. HREF's to .exe's don't work

6. CMSChart events will not work in my CView

7. CMSChart events will not work in my CView

8. HELP, A: AND B: DRIVES DON'T WORK

9. Javascript links in help-files don't work

10. Help window arrow key don't work

11. Help! My Macros Don't Work Properly

12. HELP: Java Applets don't work!!!!