Help: CRecordset using Oracle7 and VC1.52
Author Message
 Help: CRecordset using Oracle7 and VC1.52

I have encountered a peculiar problem using the CRecordset/view with
VC1.52 connected through an Oracle7 ODBC connection.  The connection
is fine (tested with MS Query).
My app is all set up with AppWizard.  I added a couple of the fields from
the
selected table to the AppWizard created CRecordView dialog.  I bound the
edit controls to the foreign variables.  All as describe in the tutorial.
However, I'm getting failed assertions and GPFs when attempting to connect
to the Oracle DB.
As a sanity check I tried the same thing with an Access table and it worked

fine.

Has anyone experienced this or can anyone offer any help?

Thanks,
Chris Bohnert
--

Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: CRecordset using Oracle7 and VC1.52

What are the assertions that are failing?
--
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
and do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation

Quote:
> I have encountered a peculiar problem using the CRecordset/view with
> VC1.52 connected through an Oracle7 ODBC connection.  The connection
> is fine (tested with MS Query).
> My app is all set up with AppWizard.  I added a couple of the fields from
> the
> selected table to the AppWizard created CRecordView dialog.  I bound the
> edit controls to the foreign variables.  All as describe in the tutorial.
> However, I'm getting failed assertions and GPFs when attempting to
connect
> to the Oracle DB.
> As a sanity check I tried the same thing with an Access table and it
worked

> fine.

> Has anyone experienced this or can anyone offer any help?

> Thanks,
> Chris Bohnert
> --

Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tabbing using VC1.52

2. Using API function with VC1.52

3. can vc5 typelibs be used in vc1.52?

4. HELP! Whats wrong with this code?VC1.52

5. Help - How to access MS-ACCess from VC1.52

6. Help porting VC1.52 DLL to VC2.2 DLL

7. (Urgent, plz help)Problem getting app pointer in VC1.52 (16bit)

8. Problem with vc1.52, dos window in win95 and graphics program

9. ldllcew.lib - converting VC1.52 to VC5

10. VC1.52 and Win95

11. VC1.52 Setup Install Program

12. VC1.52 Compiler optimisation problem