Disabling Property page tabs in the Property sheet
Author Message
 Disabling Property page tabs in the Property sheet

How can I disable, and grey out, the tabs of a property page inside a
property sheet at runtime.

To rephrase : I would like to have my property sheet, upon creation,
decide which of its pages will be enabled and which not.

Thanks

Dylan
Montreal

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling Property page tabs in the Property sheet

Quote:
>How can I disable, and grey out, the tabs of a property page inside a
>property sheet at runtime.

>To rephrase : I would like to have my property sheet, upon creation,
>decide which of its pages will be enabled and which not.

Dylan,

There is no built-in facility to do this. There's no ideal alternative
either, you can disable all the controls on a page, or delete the
page, or even write your own code to re-draw the tabs in a disabled
state. Where you see MS apps doing it - they're not using the built-in
controls!

Dave
----
Remove ".---" for the real address.

Sun, 17 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling Property page tabs in the Property sheet

Quote:

>How can I disable, and grey out, the tabs of a property page inside a
>property sheet at runtime.

>To rephrase : I would like to have my property sheet, upon creation,
>decide which of its pages will be enabled and which not.

Look up Article ID Q151662 in Microsoft's knowledge base.

http://www.microsoft.com/kb

which says that you CAN'T disable property page tabs.

XIOtech Corporation               Personal Home Page:   http://www.visi.com/~nde
Eden Prairie, MN

"Question authority...and the authorities will end up questioning YOU!"

Sun, 17 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Set Tab Window Text in Property Page/Property Sheet

2. How to disable property page on property sheet.

3. Disabling tab in a property sheet

4. Disable a Tab in a Property Sheet

5. Disabling a tab in a property sheet

6. Tab not functioning inside property sheet/pages

7. TAB Controls or Property SHeet/Pages?

8. Property Sheet and Property pages in ATL

9. Property page sheet disable

10. Property sheet in a property page

11. Property pages disappearing from property sheet on selection

12. questions regarding property sheet and property page