Richtext edit controls within property sheets
Author Message
 Richtext edit controls within property sheets

 Yes, a RichEdit control works on a PropertyPage. Because of the way
PropertySheet manages pages the tab exists before creation of the page
(dialog)(unless of course it is the start page). And, the way PropertyPages
are embedded in the sheet a resource failure gets lost, meaning the only way
you know the page creation failed is that the tab disappears. Test the
PropertyPage in question first as a pure dialog (and watch it probably
fail). A common mistake is forgetting to do a LoadLibrary on "RICHED32.DLL".

(you will get more help by asking someone instead of shouting to the
crowd -- don't post to everybody we may not take you seriously)
--
Terry Butler

Quote:
>Hi,

>does anyone know if it is possible to have a RichText control within a
>Property Page?

>I have tried to do this (even trying it in one of the MSVC samples)
>and when I run the program, the corresponding tab appears fine.
>However when the tab is selected, it disappears.

>I have not been able to find anything within the MSDN.

>Any help would be much appreciated.

>Rob O

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Richtext edit controls within property sheets

2. Property Sheet within a Property Sheet

3. Q: Property sheet within a property sheet

4. ActiveX Property Pages within client Property Sheet????

5. Help: Edit controls not accessible via mouse in Property Sheet

6. need help with RichTExt edit control

7. Richtext edit box ocx problem with VC. (Tab is not working with control)

8. Controls locking up the application in sheet contained within a TabCtrl ( Controls, CDialog and CTabCtrl problems )

9. Controls locking up the application in sheet contained within a TabCtrl ( Controls, CDialog and CTabCtrl problems )

10. Property sheet from property sheet

11. Controls in a property sheet, outside property pages

12. Sample: Manipulating controls on property page/Property Sheet