DLL's: Distribution/Copying MFC programs to another computer
Author Message
 DLL's: Distribution/Copying MFC programs to another computer

Assume I have written a MFC program. Now I want to copy
this program to another WInNT4.0 system.
Which DLL's are necessary to run this program ?
Read: which DLL's are MFC specific and need to be
distributed/attached in addition to my actual *.exe program ?

Bye

Marcus

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 26 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL's: Distribution/Copying MFC programs to another computer
Marcus:

If you have the standard (learning edition) of VC you are not allowed to
distribute the application.

If you have the professional or enterprise edition then it is possible
to link statically to MFC. If you do this you may not have to distribute
any additional files.

This is a controversial issue, but IMO sstatic linking is the way to go.

HTH,

David Wilkinson

==============

Quote:

> Assume I have written a MFC program. Now I want to copy
> this program to another WInNT4.0 system.
> Which DLL's are necessary to run this program ?
> Read: which DLL's are MFC specific and need to be
> distributed/attached in addition to my actual *.exe program ?

> Bye

> Marcus

Sat, 26 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL's: Distribution/Copying MFC programs to another computer

Quote:
> Marcus:

> If you have the standard (learning edition) of VC you are not allowed to
> distribute the application.

> If you have the professional or enterprise edition then it is possible
> to link statically to MFC. If you do this you may not have to distribute
> any additional files.

> This is a controversial issue, but IMO sstatic linking is the way to go.

> HTH,

> David Wilkinson

And in addition, should you select to link dynamically, it is not just a
question of copying DLLs to the target system. You must use a dependency
walker or know the exact DLLs, as well as install them with appropriate
version checking. You might want to try InstallShield, Wise or any other
installer to help you with this.

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Quote:
> ==============

> > Assume I have written a MFC program. Now I want to copy
> > this program to another WInNT4.0 system.
> > Which DLL's are necessary to run this program ?
> > Read: which DLL's are MFC specific and need to be
> > distributed/attached in addition to my actual *.exe program ?

> > Bye

> > Marcus

Sat, 26 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL's: Distribution/Copying MFC programs to another computer

2. Distribution of MFC DLL's

3. Distribution of MFC DLL's

4. Distribution of MFC DLL's

5. Copy protection via identification of computer's parameters

6. IEEE Computer Society's Texas State Programming Contest '93

7. Crystal reports distribution dll's

8. Creating distributions of MFC programs

9. MFC-DLLs and distribution

10. Using MFC CSockets created by main program in a dll....I'm at a loss

11. Mixing MFC Extension DLL's with Regular DLL's

12. NRI's Computer Programming Course - Your Opinion?