CDialog::DoModal()
Author Message
 CDialog::DoModal()

Hello

I have a little problem with my CDialog object. First of all my idea: I
would like to create a Dialog which should be initialized hidden. So I
modified the method OnInitDialog and put as last statment
ShowWindow(SW_HIDE), but nothing happens, the dialog is still visible.So has
anybody out there any experience with this kind of problems. Please don't
send me a answer like: try the modeless variant whit CDialog::Create(), I
know it's working whit modeless dialogs. But it would be very helpful for my
project to use an modal dialog.

I thanx in advance

Sebastian Drozdz

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CDialog::DoModal()

Sebastian:

One (not very elagant) way to do this is to move the dialog off the
screen.

HTH,

David Wilkinson

===============

Quote:

> Hello

> I have a little problem with my CDialog object. First of all my idea: I
> would like to create a Dialog which should be initialized hidden. So I
> modified the method OnInitDialog and put as last statment
> ShowWindow(SW_HIDE), but nothing happens, the dialog is still visible.So has
> anybody out there any experience with this kind of problems. Please don't
> send me a answer like: try the modeless variant whit CDialog::Create(), I
> know it's working whit modeless dialogs. But it would be very helpful for my
> project to use an modal dialog.

> I thanx in advance

> Sebastian Drozdz

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CDialog::DoModal()

Thank you for your advice, but the program is then still visible in the
taskbar

Sebastian Drozdz

Quote:
> Sebastian:

> One (not very elagant) way to do this is to move the dialog off the
> screen.

> HTH,

> David Wilkinson

> ===============

> > Hello

> > I have a little problem with my CDialog object. First of all my idea: I
> > would like to create a Dialog which should be initialized hidden. So I
> > modified the method OnInitDialog and put as last statment
> > ShowWindow(SW_HIDE), but nothing happens, the dialog is still visible.So
has
> > anybody out there any experience with this kind of problems. Please
don't
> > send me a answer like: try the modeless variant whit CDialog::Create(),
> > know it's working whit modeless dialogs. But it would be very helpful
for my
> > project to use an modal dialog.

> > I thanx in advance

> > Sebastian Drozdz

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CDialog::DoModal()
It doesn't really make sense to use a modal dialog box in this situation. If
you create a modal dialog box and then hide it, the user won't be able to use
your program at all, and they won't know why! This makes so little sense that
windows won't let you do it, and it ignores the call to ShowWindow()... why do
you want to do it this way? why not just create the dialog box when you need
it?

Quote:

>Hello

>I have a little problem with my CDialog object. First of all my idea: I
>would like to create a Dialog which should be initialized hidden. So I
>modified the method OnInitDialog and put as last statment
>ShowWindow(SW_HIDE), but nothing happens, the dialog is still visible.So has
>anybody out there any experience with this kind of problems. Please don't
>send me a answer like: try the modeless variant whit CDialog::Create(), I
>know it's working whit modeless dialogs. But it would be very helpful for my
>project to use an modal dialog.

>I thanx in advance

>Sebastian Drozdz

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDialog::DoModal(), CDialog::EndDialog() Design Flaw

2. Q: CDialog::DoModal () fails

3. CDialog::DoModal

4. CDialog.DoModal problem

5. Help. CDialog::DoModal Fail in _beginthreadex

6. CDialog::DoModal() Behaviour

7. Invalid Page Fault from CDialog.DoModal()

8. Calling CDialog::DoModal crashes

9. CDialog::DoModal() keyboard messages?????

10. HELP! CDialog/DoModal problems in regular DLL

11. CDialog::doModal

12. Problem with CDialog::DoModal()