CRecortset::Delete causes assertion failure!
Author Message
 CRecortset::Delete causes assertion failure!

CRecortset::Delete seems to be causing a assertion failure when throwing an
exception.

The assertion failure occurs in the following lines:

void AFXAPI AfxThrowDBException(RETCODE nRetCode, CDatabase* pdb, HSTMT
hstmt)
{
 CDBException* pException = new CDBException(nRetCode);
 if (nRetCode == SQL_ERROR && pdb != NULL)
  pException->BuildErrorString(pdb, hstmt);
 else if (nRetCode > AFX_SQL_ERROR && nRetCode < AFX_SQL_ERROR_MAX)
 {
  VERIFY(pException->m_strError.LoadString(
   AFX_IDP_SQL_FIRST+(nRetCode-AFX_SQL_ERROR)));
  TRACE1("%s\n", pException->m_strError);
 }
 THROW(pException);

Quote:
}

It seems to occur where it is loading the error string.

1.  Why would I be getting an assertion failure????   Why would I be having
trouble loading the string resource.

2.  Why am I getting an exception??  The error seems to be 1005.

CanUpdate returns true,  I can append to the table.

The table is on a MS SQL server

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. delete operator causing assertion failure

2. Why does this function cause an assertion failure?

3. Accessing ComboBox in dialog box causes an Assertion failure

4. These codes cause a assertion failure..

5. CAsyncSocket::Create() in thread causes assertion failure

6. MFC Callback Causes Assertion Failure

7. UpdateData(FALSE) causes assertion failure

8. Tooltips cause a assertion failure in regular dll

9. Tooltips used in dll cause assertion failure

10. CSocket in Dll causes an assertion failure

11. Multiple fonts cause assertion failure

12. Debug assertion failure when deleting a CWindowImpl