Buttons on a dialog bar
Author Message
 Buttons on a dialog bar

I've ran into some simple but very unconvenient problem:

I'm attaching a dialog bar to my CMainFrame object.

All the controls on the dialog bar are working OK, accept
for buttons! Buttons are disabled, no matter what I do!

Only when I write the handlers to the buttons in the main
frame class itsels, they work.

Why? what is the difference bitween a button and
any other control??

How can I make the button be enabled even without handler
(or handler in another class) ?

Any help would be appriciated.
Thanks, Gil.

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:35:20 GMT
 Buttons on a dialog bar
I believe that's the way CMainFrame works.  Unless a handler is present, it
sees no reason to enable the item, since it wouldn't be doing anything.

Quote:
> I've ran into some simple but very unconvenient problem:

> I'm attaching a dialog bar to my CMainFrame object.

> All the controls on the dialog bar are working OK, accept
> for buttons! Buttons are disabled, no matter what I do!

> Only when I write the handlers to the buttons in the main
> frame class itsels, they work.

> Why? what is the difference bitween a button and
> any other control??

> How can I make the button be enabled even without handler
> (or handler in another class) ?

> Any help would be appriciated.
> Thanks, Gil.

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:09:25 GMT
 Buttons on a dialog bar
Why do you not want to supply the handlers? That is how it is designed by
default.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> I've ran into some simple but very unconvenient problem:

> I'm attaching a dialog bar to my CMainFrame object.

> All the controls on the dialog bar are working OK, accept
> for buttons! Buttons are disabled, no matter what I do!

> Only when I write the handlers to the buttons in the main
> frame class itsels, they work.

> Why? what is the difference bitween a button and
> any other control??

> How can I make the button be enabled even without handler
> (or handler in another class) ?

> Any help would be appriciated.
> Thanks, Gil.

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:01:39 GMT

1. Manipulating buttons on my dialog bar?

2. Buttons on a dialog bar

3. Dialog Bars and Bitmap Buttons

4. how can i add menu and button bar to a dialog

5. HELP NEEDED: Modal Dialog pops up with own button in task bar

6. Dialog Bars and Buttons

7. Detecting dialog bar being hidden by command button

8. Bitmap buttons and dialog bars

9. Launch dialog from Floating Tool Bar by double clicking on a button

10. button in dialog bar

11. Dialog Box menu bar and Media Control buttons

12. Dialog box menu bar and Media Control buttons