Starting automation servers from dll's
Author Message
 Starting automation servers from dll's

I've currently developed an automation server, but some of the dev.tools
that is going to use this server don't support ole automation, so I'm trying
write a dll which creates the server and gives access to the automated
functions.
During initialising of the dll the automation server is created and lives
until
the dll is unloaded.

When testing the dll from Visual Basic (5.0), from within the IDE my VB test
app works fine, but the same exe-created version starts without any error
messages but no
visible panels shows up. The VB test app. is shown in the process list
(WINNT)
as running, and I have to terminate from taskmanager to get rid of it.

Does anyone have any clue whats going on ?

Best Regard
Roar Larsen, TORDIVEL AS, Norway

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Starting an inproc server as a local server using a DLL Surrogate

2. Debugging a DLL started from Automation

3. Can I use a DLL to start MS Word with Automation

4. Automation server can't create object

5. Automation server can't create object

6. Automation server in a dll

7. Automation server in a DLL

8. writing a DLL that uses an Ole Automation Server

9. How automation client recognizes that automation server unloaded

10. SysAllocString() called in OLE Automation client's dll

11. Ole Automation and Dll's

12. Automation dll has lost it's tlb-info (done with VC++)