Can Alt-Tab and Alt-Esc be altered?
Author Message
 Can Alt-Tab and Alt-Esc be altered?

Normally Alt-Esc and Alt-tab are captured by some part of Windows and
never reach the application, I guess.  Is there any way I can configure
Windows so that another single key does the job of Alt-Esc?  I have a
user who will be switching between applications constantly, and wants a
one-key way to do it.

Bob Sather

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can Alt-Tab and Alt-Esc be altered?
Write a macro, and set the default key to their key :-)

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can Alt-Tab and Alt-Esc be altered?

Quote:
> Normally Alt-Esc and Alt-tab are captured by some part of Windows and
> never reach the application, I guess.  Is there any way I can configure
> Windows so that another single key does the job of Alt-Esc?  I have a
> user who will be switching between applications constantly, and wants a
> one-key way to do it.

Global keyboard hook ?

driver ?

(just tossing ideas out - sorry if they don't work)

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Alt-Tab/Alt-Esc Event

2. Block Alt+Tab, Alt+Esc key combination

3. Alt+Tab or Alt+Esc

4. disable Alt+ TAB Ctrl+ESC Ctrl+Alt+DEL key

5. Trapping Ctrl+Alt+Del / Ctrl+Esc / Ctrl+Alt+Esc

6. simulate a Ctrl+Alt+Del or Alt-Tab

7. supress Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Esc on NT4.0

8. ALT-TAB CTRL-ESC tapping in windows NT

9. Proposal: alt.binaries.examples.vb4 , alt.binaries.examples.vcpp , alt.binaries.examples.java

10. Trap 'Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc'

11. Property sheets: Changing [tab] to [alt][tab]?

12. How to trap Alt+Tab?