Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition Installation
Author Message
 Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition Installation

I got a chance to install the Visual studio 6.0 today. The installer reboot
my Windows 98 PC three times to install the 'VM for java', 'DCOM98' and the
visual studio 6.0. I hate to reboot the PC. Can Microsoft provide a better
installer ?! The stupid installer makes me like a fool.

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition Installation
The problem is with rebooting is that the kernel can't be modified in
"raltime" like it can in linux, thats why you have to reboot and VS6 needed
the new java emulator and the DCOM98 installed, but MS is solving this
problem in windows 2000 (I didn't have to reboot to install my voodoo2). MS
should look into updating win98 again so it can modify the kernel in
realtime, this will make windows more appealing to more people, and make me
not want to switch to unix after the 3rd or fourth reboot, but then i leave
my nt boxes on all week.

-Steve

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition Installation
I guess you're stuck with it.  Same here, My win98 have to reboot serveral
times before my VC6 Pro finishs its installation. If you have IE5 installed...
the installer won't try to install VM for java, i don't think it installed
DCOM98... so... next time, try to install IE5 first, its the "easy way" out!

Franky

Quote:

--
CodeWhiz Development - the home of many great things and many great things to
come!

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. unable to access profiler in Visual Studio 6.0 c++ enterprise edition, profile dialog disabled

2. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

3. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

4. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

5. : WTB: MS Visual Studio Enterprise Edition

6. WTB: MS Visual Studio Enterprise Edition

7. Visual Studio Enterprise Edition

8. Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition Crash

9. Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0

10. FS: Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise

11. Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise ED.