Porting 16-bit app to 32-bit
Author Message
 Porting 16-bit app to 32-bit

I have problem after porting 16-bit application to the 32-bit.
The old 16-bit created with VC 1.52 and ported using VC 6.
The problem is with width of all dialogs and controls. All of them
decreased in about 80% compare to 16-bit version. The height remain
the same.
Thanks for any help
Rafi Polak
A.L.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Porting 16-bit app to 32-bit
Rafi!

The 32-bit apps use a less wide font for the dialogs/controls. You could use
the fat system font, live with it or redesign your dialogs. Redesign , of
course, looks the best.

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Quote:
> I have problem after porting 16-bit application to the 32-bit.
> The old 16-bit created with VC 1.52 and ported using VC 6.
> The problem is with width of all dialogs and controls. All of them
> decreased in about 80% compare to 16-bit version. The height remain
> the same.
> Thanks for any help
> Rafi Polak
> A.L.D.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 15 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Porting 16-bit app to 32-bit

Johan

Thank you for answer!

The problem that I have about 500 dialogs in the application, so
redesign its long way.
What you mean "fat system font" - it is bold font. How can I change
all dialogs to it.

Rafi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Porting 16-bit app to 32-bit
Rafi!

First a word of warning! If you use the bold (fat) font, the application
will reek of 16-bit app, and that might not be pleasing. It will also look
odd together with common dialogs you show. Aestethics aside, you have some

1. Open the project RC-file(s) as text, setting the dialog font to System,
thus:

FONT 8, "System"

Search and replace is your friend :)))

2. Enumerate the childs of every dialog, setting the font to System.
In OnInitDialog of all dialog classes, add

 EnumChildWindows(
      m_hWnd,       // handle to parent window
      (WNDENUMPROC) EnumChildProc, // pointer to callback function
      (LPARAM) 0
     );

and add a callback function EnumChildProc setting the font. This is only
viable if you want to do other modifications as well.

I think I would have gone for redesigning 500 dialogs, however.

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Quote:

> Johan

> Thank you for answer!

> The problem that I have about 500 dialogs in the application, so
> redesign its long way.
> What you mean "fat system font" - it is bold font. How can I change
> all dialogs to it.

> Rafi

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. porting 16-bit int to 32-bit int with asm code

2. help porting 16 bit to 32 bit (partly assembly) application

3. Porting 16-bit to 32-bit code and the use of the LOWORD and HIWORD macros

4. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit

5. Porting 16 bit code to 32 bit : Resource file with RCDATA

6. porting __segment from 16-bit DLL to 32-bit

7. Porting 16-bit to 32-bit

8. Porting code from 16-bit to 32-bit compiler

9. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit

10. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit in VC++

11. HELP: porting 16 bit mfc program to 32 bit (mfc v5)

12. Problem Porting a 16 bit DLL to 32 bit