Help: Help support does not work in release version
Author Message
 Help: Help support does not work in release version

Hi, All,

I followed MSDN's tutorial to add help support after my dialog-based app was
created.  It took me a while to get those .hpj, .cnt, .rtf, etc. files working
correctly.  Finally, it seems working in debug version.

Then I set my project as release and got problems.  No matter whether I
select "Release" or "All configurations" for my .hpj file in settings, when I
tried to compile my .hpj, I got the error
       "Performing Custom Build Step on .\Hlp\MyProject.cnt
        The syntax of the command is incorrect.
        Error executing c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe."

and when I tried "Rebuild All", I got the error
       "MyProject.hpj
        HC5011: Error: MyProject.hpj :
        Cannot open the file "MyProject.hm."

Could anyone help me out how to get the release version work?

Thank you very much in advance!

Lee

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 02:05:18 GMT
 Help: Help support does not work in release version

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help: Help support does not work in release version
A couple of things:

First, I don't think there's any difference between the Debug version and
the Release version of the compiled help file.  What I used to do (I use HHW
now) was to clear the custom build in the Release settings and added some
DOS-style commands to the Debug settings to copy the help files to the
release directory in Debug builds.

If you still want to compile the help files in Release mode (and I
understand why you might), compare the Release and Debug settings for the
hpj file in your project.  There should be no differences.

Hope this helps.

Charlie Brown

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:07:22 GMT
 Help: Help support does not work in release version
Thanks, Charlie!
Quote:
First, I don't think there's any difference between the Debug version and
the Release version of the compiled help file.  What I used to do (I use HHW
now) was to clear the custom build in the Release settings and added some
DOS-style commands to the Debug settings to copy the help files to the
release directory in Debug builds.

If you still want to compile the help files in Release mode (and I
understand why you might), compare the Release and Debug settings for the
hpj file in your project.  There should be no differences.

Hope this helps.

Charlie Brown

.

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:32:14 GMT

1. Help: Debug-Version works, Release-Version crashes!

2. debug version works, release version crushes at start up--Help

3. Debug version works, Release version does not?!

4. Program in debug version works but not in release version

5. Works in debug version, not in release - CryptoAPI _ATL_MIN_CRT

6. Works in debug but not in release, help

7. debug version works fine, but release not.

8. Exceptions not working in release version ???

9. OnClose() in MDI Mainframe works fine in debug version but not in release

10. Debug version Works Release does not!

11. Help: Debug Version vs Release Version

12. HELP!!(How to make release version or install version in VS.NET)