Displaying information in right pane
Author Message
 Displaying information in right pane

Hi folks,

I'm just starting out on MFC and is trying to understand how the
Doc/View architecture works.  I have created a simple app through the
Class Wizard.  It contains a left pane and a right pane, separates by
a splitter control. Both the left pane and right pane inherit from
CTreeView.

There is a tree control in the left pane that is use to display some
text.  Te right pane is use to display information specific to the
text the user clicks on in the left pane.

What I find is that I can't seem to display any text in the right
pane. So as a test, in the code of the class MyTestAppView.cpp, I have
the following:

CMyTestAppView::OnDraw(CDC *pDC)
{
        CMyTestAppDoc* pDoc = GetDocument();
        ASSERT_VALID(pDoc);

        CString myString = "This is a test";
        pDC->TextOut(0, 20, myString);

Quote:
}

But I find that the OnDraw event does not fire when my application is
run.  What am I doing wrong?  Do I need to change the base class of my
CLeftView and CMyTestAppView classes to CView, instead of CTreeView as
it is now?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Steven

Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:54:07 GMT

1. Outlook-like on the left pane, MDI child windows on the right pane

2. How to update right hand pane when item selected in left hand pane tree

3. Fixing size of pane in left/right static splitter

4. Splitter with right pane MDI

5. Static splitter with right-hand pane fixed width

6. Multiple Views in right pane

7. Creating Multiple Forms in Explorer Type Right Window Pane

8. Restore class information in Class view pane.

9. Statusbar pane: Display a user defined message?

10. CStatus bar isn't displaying text in any pane other than 0

11. Want Edit box to display right end of overflowing string

12. Displaying progress bar right after dialog is on screen