A couple CTreeCtrl questions and a CComboBox question
Author Message
 A couple CTreeCtrl questions and a CComboBox question

 Is there a way to get root nodes to have icons but their children to not??
 When I call InsertItem with a parent and NO icons indexes specified I get
an icons anyways.

 I can seem to get the double-click event. Is there some combination of Full
Row Select, Has Buttons, and Has Lines that makes it so double-click events
are sent??

 I have a combobox on a dialog and I call AddString about 20 times. Why is
it that by default the drop down windows of the combobox is super tiny? And
how can I make that larger? SetItemHeight seemed to only take affect when
the index was -1 and then the combobox was HUGE....but the drop down not any
bigger.

thanks
mike

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:26:31 GMT
 A couple CTreeCtrl questions and a CComboBox question
The combo box problem you can resolve by setting the drop down size of the
combo box at design time.
Just click on the drop down button of the combo in design time, you will get
a frame, which you have to drag for the length needed.

sriram.

Quote:

> Is there a way to get root nodes to have icons but their children to not??
> When I call InsertItem with a parent and NO icons indexes specified I get
>an icons anyways.

> I can seem to get the double-click event. Is there some combination of
Full
>Row Select, Has Buttons, and Has Lines that makes it so double-click events
>are sent??

> I have a combobox on a dialog and I call AddString about 20 times. Why is
>it that by default the drop down windows of the combobox is super tiny? And
>how can I make that larger? SetItemHeight seemed to only take affect when
>the index was -1 and then the combobox was HUGE....but the drop down not
any
>bigger.

>thanks
>mike

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:51:18 GMT
 A couple CTreeCtrl questions and a CComboBox question

Quote:
> The combo box problem you can resolve by setting the drop down size of the
> combo box at design time.
> Just click on the drop down button of the combo in design time, you will
get
> a frame, which you have to drag for the length needed.

 Hmm....well I can't seem to do this.

 If I change the type of the combobox to Simple....I can "grab" the top or
bottom of the combo and make it taller. But I don't want a Simple combobox.

 When I change it the type to Drop List or Dropdown the dialog editor won't
let me grab the top or the bottom.....just the left and right.

 I've deleted my combobox from the dialog and dropped a new one just for
kicks and nothing changed.

 any other way to change this height....this has got to be obvious...
thanks
mike

Quote:
> sriram.

> > Is there a way to get root nodes to have icons but their children to
not??
> > When I call InsertItem with a parent and NO icons indexes specified I
get
> >an icons anyways.

> > I can seem to get the double-click event. Is there some combination of
> Full
> >Row Select, Has Buttons, and Has Lines that makes it so double-click
events
> >are sent??

> > I have a combobox on a dialog and I call AddString about 20 times. Why
is
> >it that by default the drop down windows of the combobox is super tiny?
And
> >how can I make that larger? SetItemHeight seemed to only take affect when
> >the index was -1 and then the combobox was HUGE....but the drop down not
> any
> >bigger.

> >thanks
> >mike

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 02:36:40 GMT
 A couple CTreeCtrl questions and a CComboBox question
On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:36:40 -0800, "Michael Howes"

[attribution added back in]

BTW, when you quote someone, it's considered polite to attribute the
quoted material to them thusly:

Quote:

>> The combo box problem you can resolve by setting the drop down size of the
>> combo box at design time.
>> Just click on the drop down button of the combo in design time, you will
>> get a frame, which you have to drag for the length needed.

> Hmm....well I can't seem to do this.

> If I change the type of the combobox to Simple....I can "grab" the top or
>bottom of the combo and make it taller. But I don't want a Simple combobox.

> When I change it the type to Drop List or Dropdown the dialog editor won't
>let me grab the top or the bottom.....just the left and right.

You didn't click on the drop button as sriram suggested.  Do this, and
then the dialog editor will allow you to resize the combo vertically.

--
Charles Calvert             |  Software Design/Development
Celtic Wolf, Inc.           |  Project Management

Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:34:05 GMT

1. couple questions - make directory & Format questions

2. Couple of basic VC questions

3. A couple mc++ questions ?

4. A couple of Win32 native C++ only MSVC7 questions

5. Attributed c++, a couple of questions.

6. Couple of routine string questions

7. Couple Quick Questions

8. A couple of simple questions about switch/break/continue

9. Couple of questions...

10. Couple of Questions

11. a couple basic questions

12. A couple of printf questions