How to Modify a Commercial Windows Application to Start an other Application
Author Message
 How to Modify a Commercial Windows Application to Start an other Application

Hi

I'm currently using a Windows 3.11 application ( that I purchased in a
shop, meaning thtat I do NOT have its source code) that lacks some
features. So I decided to write the required program to get these missing
functionalities. All is working fine but I would like to go a little bit
further.

What I would like to do is insert in the menu of the commercial application
a new item so that I could run it direclty within the commercial
application itself. I know it is possible as my scanner program does it but
I have no clue how to do it...

Any pointers will be highly appreciated ...

Additional point: Is it possible to run that way a Win 95 program from a
commercial program ( modified for that purpose) written in Windows 16-Bits
and running under Win 95 ???  I would be great, isn't it ...

Thanks for your Help

Thierry

Wed, 21 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Modify a Commercial Windows Application to Start an other Application

Regarding the Win3.11 app you speak about.  It can be done with a technique
called Cross-task Subclassing.  You'll have to do research on this
yourself.  It is very involved.

Threads to look at can be found at:
MSDN:  Kyle Marsh Safe Subclassing
Desaware, Inc.  Dan Appleman has written about Cross Task Subclassing using
the SpyWorks application that Desaware offers, with examples.

--
Hope this helps,

Keith Wipprecht
Cincinnati Componentware, Inc.
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/cinncomp

Quote:

> Hi

> I'm currently using a Windows 3.11 application ( that I purchased in a
> shop, meaning thtat I do NOT have its source code) that lacks some
> features. So I decided to write the required program to get these missing
> functionalities. All is working fine but I would like to go a little bit
> further.

> What I would like to do is insert in the menu of the commercial
application
> a new item so that I could run it direclty within the commercial
> application itself. I know it is possible as my scanner program does it
but
> I have no clue how to do it...

> Any pointers will be highly appreciated ...

> Additional point: Is it possible to run that way a Win 95 program from a
> commercial program ( modified for that purpose) written in Windows
16-Bits
> and running under Win 95 ???  I would be great, isn't it ...

> Thanks for your Help

> Thierry

Wed, 21 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. running windows application from another windows application

2. Starting application from my application

3. start application within an application

4. Starting a Windows application....

5. Auto-start application at windows StartUp

6. starting up windows applications....

7. Application Class in legacy Windows applications

8. Get application path from Windows Service Application

9. Windows application works fine but not the web application

10. C# in Commercial Applications

11. Commercial Application with Database Support

12. Using SQL Engine as Backend in a Commercial Application