Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap ...
Author Message
 Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap ...

My application crashes during serialization (storing) by launching this
message to the output window. Does anyone have a clue what this means and
how to prevent from it ...

Thanks in advance
Kai

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap ...
Most probably you have
1. Either a dangling pointer (i.e. you are trying to free an invalid
location)
2. Or you are not allocating enough memory for the operation so its
overwriting some other memory locations which might be causing this problem.

--
Girish Bharadwaj [VC++/MVP].
Dont send email queries to me directly.Please put

Quote:

>My application crashes during serialization (storing) by launching this
>message to the output window. Does anyone have a clue what this means and
>how to prevent from it ...

>Thanks in advance
>Kai

Tue, 13 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap(..)"

2. Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap (Debug in Win2000 Proffesional+SP3)

3. Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap

4. Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 80000, 859ce0 )

5. Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap - Using release versions of a DLL in a debug version of an exe - Impossible?

6. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap in EXE Server

7. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap

8. HEAP[my.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 1940000, 1b73290 )

9. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap

10. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap

11. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap

12. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap (non-dll)