modal property sheet looses modal behavior after error message
Author Message
 modal property sheet looses modal behavior after error message

Hi I have a modal property sheet.  I call an object that reports an error
message.  After that the sheet is not modal any more.  That is I can select
other objects in the application.   Any idea what could cause such a thing?
Thanks,
Charles

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 modal property sheet looses modal behavior after error message

Quote:
>Hi I have a modal property sheet.  I call an object that reports an error
>message.  After that the sheet is not modal any more.  That is I can select
>other objects in the application.   Any idea what could cause such a thing?

Charles,

It's likely to be some effect of the messagebox/dialog that reported
the error message. It's probably not using your property sheet as its
parent window handle.

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.
http://www.bj.co.uk

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 modal property sheet looses modal behavior after error message

Thanks Dave,
That is twice you have helped me.
Charles

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 modal property sheet looses modal behavior after error message

Quote:
>That is twice you have helped me.

Good, what was the actual solution Charles?

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.

Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 modal property sheet looses modal behavior after error message

Quote:

>>That is twice you have helped me.

>Good, what was the actual solution Charles?

So far the solution is I passed your message along to the fellow who wrote
the class and he said he would look at it after we release a Beta.  ):>)
Let you know the final later.
Thanks again,
Charles

Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with non-modal property sheet

2. Displaying a modal dialog from within a property sheet/page

3. non-modal property sheet lacks iconify

4. creating non-modal property sheet

5. property sheet wizard - using Help button to throw modal dialog and not use .HLP

6. Q Property Sheet ALWAYS modal in WinCE???????????????

7. Displaying a modal dialog from within a property sheet/page

8. Displaying a modal dialog from within a property sheet/page Located in DLL

9. Context sensitive help in a modal property sheet

10. Problem with non-modal property sheet

11. creating Modal vs. Non-Modal dialogs

12. CColorDialog.Modal() is not Modal