Trap 'Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc'
Author Message
 Trap 'Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc'

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to VC and have purchased 6.0 Prof. Edition.
I am interested in writing a secure browser and have gone thru the MFCIE
example.  The problem I need to address is stopping someone from accessing
the system via Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc.  How can I trap
these messages before they get to the system?  Will the solution be the same
for 98 and NT?  If anyone knows any other consideration I should look at in
regards to a secure program, please fill me in.  Thanks in advance.

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Trap 'Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc'
Use OnKeyDown and look at the flags.

Quote:

>Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to VC and have purchased 6.0 Prof. Edition.
>I am interested in writing a secure browser and have gone thru the MFCIE
>example.  The problem I need to address is stopping someone from accessing
>the system via Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc.  How can I trap
>these messages before they get to the system?  Will the solution be the
same
>for 98 and NT?  If anyone knows any other consideration I should look at in
>regards to a secure program, please fill me in.  Thanks in advance.

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Trap 'Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc'
Since you're writing a browser, you can do most of this by implementing
IDocHostUIHandler.  TranslateAccelerator() gets almost all of the "bad"
things from the keyboard.

Ctrl+Alt+Del, however, cannot be handled this way.  In Win95/98 you can
use:

          BOOL dummy;
          SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SCREENSAVERRUNNING, TRUE, &dummy, 0);    //
Disable Ctrl + Alt + Del

(change TRUE to FALSE to enable again).

In NT, we had to write a class level device driver for the keyboard.  I'd
be interested to know if there's a better way since I really don't want to
maintain this code, but it works...

Hope this helps,

Mike.

Quote:
> Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to VC and have purchased 6.0 Prof.
Edition.
> I am interested in writing a secure browser and have gone thru the MFCIE
> example.  The problem I need to address is stopping someone from
accessing
> the system via Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc.  How can I trap
> these messages before they get to the system?  Will the solution be the
same
> for 98 and NT?  If anyone knows any other consideration I should look at
in
> regards to a secure program, please fill me in.  Thanks in advance.

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Trap 'Crtl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc, and Ctrl+Alt+Esc'
Thanks for the insight ..
Quote:

>Since you're writing a browser, you can do most of this by implementing
>IDocHostUIHandler.  TranslateAccelerator() gets almost all of the "bad"
>things from the keyboard.

>Ctrl+Alt+Del, however, cannot be handled this way.  In Win95/98 you can
>use:

>   BOOL dummy;
>   SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SCREENSAVERRUNNING, TRUE, &dummy, 0); //
>Disable Ctrl + Alt + Del

>(change TRUE to FALSE to enable again).

>In NT, we had to write a class level device driver for the keyboard.  I'd
>be interested to know if there's a better way since I really don't want to
>maintain this code, but it works...

>Hope this helps,

>Mike.

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trapping Ctrl+Alt+Del / Ctrl+Esc / Ctrl+Alt+Esc

2. disable Alt+ TAB Ctrl+ESC Ctrl+Alt+DEL key

3. simulate a Ctrl+Alt+Del or Alt-Tab

4. supress Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Esc on NT4.0

5. ALT-TAB CTRL-ESC tapping in windows NT

6. Trapping Ctrl-Alt-Del

7. Trapping CTRL+ALT+DEL

8. How to trap Ctrl+Alt+Del

9. Trapping CTRL+ALT+DEL

10. Trapping Ctrl+Alt+Del keystroke

11. Alt-Tab/Alt-Esc Event

12. Block Alt+Tab, Alt+Esc key combination