MFC app crashes on Win98
Author Message
 MFC app crashes on Win98

I have a MFC app created with VC++ 6 Pro on WinXP. I compile it with static
linking to MFC, but when I try to run it on a Win98 computer it crashes when
I try to open dialog windows. Ive tested the optimization with both Default
and Disable (Debug) but it still doesnt work. Anyone know how to solve
this?

//  Carl Olsson

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:17:26 GMT
 MFC app crashes on Win98
Could it be that your Windows 98 box has an older version of some DLL?

Quote:
> I have a MFC app created with VC++ 6 Pro on WinXP. I compile it with
static
> linking to MFC, but when I try to run it on a Win98 computer it crashes
when
> I try to open dialog windows. Ive tested the optimization with both
> and Disable (Debug) but it still doesnt work. Anyone know how to solve
> this?

> //  Carl Olsson

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:00:11 GMT
 MFC app crashes on Win98
Now it worked!

I set optimization to Disable(Debug) and Debug Info to "Program Database for
Edit and Continue" and then it worked...strang

//Carl

Quote:
> Could it be that your Windows 98 box has an older version of some DLL?

> > I have a MFC app created with VC++ 6 Pro on WinXP. I compile it with
> static
> > linking to MFC, but when I try to run it on a Win98 computer it crashes
> when
> > I try to open dialog windows. Ive tested the optimization with both
> > and Disable (Debug) but it still doesnt work. Anyone know how to solve
> > this?

> > //  Carl Olsson

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:34:24 GMT
 MFC app crashes on Win98
Where does it crash? What does the de{*filter*} say? If it is a release version, see my essay
"Surviving the Release Version" on my MVP Tips site.
                                joe

Quote:

>I have a MFC app created with VC++ 6 Pro on WinXP. I compile it with static
>linking to MFC, but when I try to run it on a Win98 computer it crashes when
>I try to open dialog windows. Ive tested the optimization with both Default
>and Disable (Debug) but it still doesnt work. Anyone know how to solve
>this?

>//  Carl Olsson

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newcomer
MVP Tips: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newcomer/mvp_tips.htm

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:35:33 GMT

1. MFC with managed Extension crashes on win98??

2. MFC with managed Extension crashes on win98??

3. Help win Bitmap problem please ( MFC game crashing in win98 but not Win2000)

4. Help w/ app crashing in MFC shared dll but not w\ static MFC using VC6

5. Visual C++ 6 MFC app not running under Win98

6. MFC Console App / CRecordset CRASH

7. UPDATE MFC Console App / CRecordset CRASH

8. Unfixed: Apps linked with MFC DLL and using CHtmlView crash on close under WinXP

9. HtmlHelp Crash in Existing MFC app

10. App crashes on MFC messages in Release build

11. MFC app crash dialog

12. opengl enabled view crashing in nt2000 MFC MDI VC 6.0 app