problems passing ADO Recordset from VB-COM client to VC-COM-Server dll
Author Message
 problems passing ADO Recordset from VB-COM client to VC-COM-Server dll

Hi,
I am a newbie on ADO and COM.
What I have to do, is to pass ADO Recordsets from a VB app to my
VC-automation server dll.
In generally comunication works fine, there are no problems passing passing
simple data types
as strings.

But how can I pass (disconnected) ADO recordsets?

Are there any known samples, how to do this?
I found an article in the MSDN "Passing ADO Objects between Visual Basic and
Visual C++" wich
did not really help me (mabe it's because this article talks about an ATL
server, I have a
regular dll using MFC and supporting automation).

Thanks for suggestions
Joachim

PS: Please answer also to my email adress

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 problems passing ADO Recordset from VB-COM client to VC-COM-Server dll
There is an article in the June (current) issue of Visual C++ Developer's
Journal (VCDJ) that describes this very well.  The article is "Create COM+
Business Objects With ADO Recordsets"
by Alan Gordon.  If you have a premier DevX membership you can read the
article online at www.vcdj.com

HTH, Paul
--
Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
SVi Retail Systems

Quote:
> Hi,
> I am a newbie on ADO and COM.
> What I have to do, is to pass ADO Recordsets from a VB app to my
> VC-automation server dll.
> In generally comunication works fine, there are no problems passing
passing
> simple data types
> as strings.

> But how can I pass (disconnected) ADO recordsets?

> Are there any known samples, how to do this?
> I found an article in the MSDN "Passing ADO Objects between Visual Basic
and
> Visual C++" wich
> did not really help me (mabe it's because this article talks about an ATL
> server, I have a
> regular dll using MFC and supporting automation).

> Thanks for suggestions
> Joachim

> PS: Please answer also to my email adress

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem calling VB COM dll from VC++ multithreaded COM EXE client

2. Passing a structure between a VB client and an ATL com server

3. Accessing a collection from a VB com server in a VC/ATL Client

4. Problem with IDL for COM server returning ADO disconnected Recordset

5. vb client of a c++ dll-based COM server

6. VC ATL DLL crashin with VB COM client

7. Problems using a ATL COM EXE Server with VB Client

8. how to send ADO recordset from VB to VC client

9. Problem with scripting context when using VB com object inside VC com object

10. Retrieving a ADO Recordset from a client software in COM

11. Passing ADO recordset to COM

12. Lifetime of EXE COM server that uses DLL COM server