warning LNK4017: DATA statement not supported for the target platform; ignored
Author Message
 warning LNK4017: DATA statement not supported for the target platform; ignored

Hi,

I'm coding a dll and I don't want the global data of my dll to be shared
between the different intances of the dll.
I know you can specify this in the def file by setting the DATA keyword as
MULTIPLE but I can't get the linker to take the instructions of the def file
into account. I get this warning : warning LNK4017: DATA statement not
supported for the target platform; ignored.

Anyone knows which settings need to be removed/added for the def file to be
taken into account by the linker? Or any other way to solve my initial
problem which is for the global variables to not be shared by the different
instances of the dll?

Thanks.
D.

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:53:28 GMT
 warning LNK4017: DATA statement not supported for the target platform; ignored

Quote:
> I'm coding a dll and I don't want the global data of my dll to be shared
> between the different intances of the dll.

In that case you don't need to do anything special. Under 16 bit Windows,
DLL data segments where shared unless specified otherwise. Under 32 bit
Windows, DLL data segments are NOT shared unless specified otherwise.

Regards,
Will

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:22:17 GMT

1. warning LNK4017: DATA statement not supported for the target platform; ignored

2. warning LNK4017 (statement not supported for the target platform; ignored)

3. The targeted platform does not match the connected platform

4. Warning that targeted Pocket PC doesn't match connected platform

5. why is DEF file ignored (LNK4017 error)

6. warning LNK4017....

7. warning LNK4017....

8. warning MIDL2368 : error generating type library, ignored : Could not set UUID : tagCONFIG_DATA

9. Need help with annoying warning: LINK : warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:mtxex.dll ignored

10. warning 4786 ignored by pragma warning ??

11. WIN32 target platform

12. MFC problem and how to target specific platform