Shell Extensions: Context menu all files
Author Message
 Shell Extensions: Context menu all files

Hi, I am trying to make a shell extension a la winzip so there is an Encrypt
option on the context menu for all file types. I have the C++ sample code
for a file type specific extension, but that's not the right thing.

Can Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Michael Jervis

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shell Extensions: Context menu all files
look at the following
1. ShellExt sample
2. Book called programming the Windows 95 user interface by MS ppress. This
book is available on MSDN CDs also

Rajesh Parikh

> Hi, I am trying to make a shell extension a la winzip so there is an
Encrypt
> option on the context menu for all file types. I have the C++ sample code
> for a file type specific extension, but that's not the right thing.

> Can Anyone point me in the right direction?

> Thanks

> Michael Jervis

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shell Extensions: Context menu all files
Under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the Registry, there is a key named * which is
associated with all file types. If you register your Context Menu extension
with this key, it will apply to any file the user selects.

The key to register under is
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\<YourShellExtension>.

Peter

Quote:
> Hi, I am trying to make a shell extension a la winzip so there is an
Encrypt
> option on the context menu for all file types. I have the C++ sample code
> for a file type specific extension, but that's not the right thing.

> Can Anyone point me in the right direction?

> Thanks

> Michael Jervis

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shell Extensions: Context menu all files

Another way to add in item to the Context Menu is to create this key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\<YourCommandName>\command\<YourApp'sPath %1>

This will add an item to the context menu which will launch your app with
the file the user selects on the command line.

Quote:
> Hi, I am trying to make a shell extension a la winzip so there is an
Encrypt
> option on the context menu for all file types. I have the C++ sample code
> for a file type specific extension, but that's not the right thing.

> Can Anyone point me in the right direction?

> Thanks

> Michael Jervis

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shell Extensions: Context menu all files
Regarding the book-- it's out of print.

Quote:
> look at the following
> 1. ShellExt sample
> 2. Book called programming the Windows 95 user interface by MS ppress.
This
> book is available on MSDN CDs also

> --
> Rajesh Parikh

> > Hi, I am trying to make a shell extension a la winzip so there is an
> Encrypt
> > option on the context menu for all file types. I have the C++ sample
code
> > for a file type specific extension, but that's not the right thing.

> > Can Anyone point me in the right direction?

> > Thanks

> > Michael Jervis

Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Shell Extensions: Context menu all files

2. Listctrl context menu + shell context menu

3. Shell Extension - Context Menu Question

4. context menu handler shell extension

5. Shell context menu extensions with icons, HELP!!!

6. Shell Extension - Context Menu Handler - Explorer/Kernel32 IPF's

7. Bitmaps in Context Menus (shell extension)

8. context menu shell extension

9. Shell Extension Context Menu.

10. Good Example/Tutorial of Context Menu Shell Extension

11. Shell Extension - Context Menu Question???

12. Shell Context menu nigtmare with .lnk files