Tab Control or Property Sheet?
Author Message
 Tab Control or Property Sheet?

I'm a little confussed about the differences between CTabCtrl and
CPropertySheet.  I need to create a tabbed dialog box but I also need an
area off to the left (outside of the tabs) where I can put controls.  It
would also be nice to be able to remove or add tabs while the tabs were
visible.

I have looked at the PropDlg example and it shows how to create a
CPropertySheet that contains a couple CPropertyPage objects.  It also shows
how to create a "preview" area off the the right of the dialog box.  There
are two problems with this (for me).  First, I can't figure out how to
extend the window to the left instead of just to the right.  Second, there
doesn't seem to be a way where I can use the dialog editor in VC++ to create
and position the controls that are directly on the CPropertySheet.  In the
ProgDlg example, they just manual did it with the create member function.

I also took a look at the Fire example.  It showed how to use CTabCtrl.
This looks great because I could place the control anywhere on a dialog box
and still create any other controls along side it using the dialog editor.
But, I don't see where I can use individual dialogs (like CPropertyPage) to
switch to when a different tab is selected.

Which one do I use?  Can what I would like to do be done?

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Tab Control or Property Sheet?
Try this

http://www.codeguru.com/propertysheet/inside_dialog.shtml

Quote:
>I'm a little confussed about the differences between CTabCtrl and
>CPropertySheet.  I need to create a tabbed dialog box but I also need an
>area off to the left (outside of the tabs) where I can put controls.  It
>would also be nice to be able to remove or add tabs while the tabs were
>visible.

Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tab Control and Property Sheet

2. Tab control VS. Property sheet

3. Subclass tab control in property sheet?

4. Tab Controls and Property Sheets

5. TAB Controls or Property SHeet/Pages?

6. Property Sheets and Tab Control

7. Property Sheets and Tab Control

8. Tab and property sheets control...

9. Property sheet with no tab control?

10. Property Sheet Tab Control and TCS_VERTICAL Style

11. Property Sheets v/s Tabbed Control

12. moving tab control in a property sheet