Sending messages to FTP client from FTP Server applications
Author Message
 Sending messages to FTP client from FTP Server applications

I have an FTP client (doesn't matter what platform).
I have an FTP Server which I am managing.

I have written an MFC app that does somethign and generates a one-line
response with its results.

What I want to do is to give the FTP client users, the ability to do this
from within an FTP session:

QUOTE RCMD  call myapp.exe

And have a response show up in the FTP client window. Something like:

250 Your results are: A, B, C, D, E, F ,G

That's it. Just one line of text is all I have to send back.

I've tried writing to stdout, printf() and nothing seems to direct it to the
client.
Am I barking up the wrong tree here?
Is there a way to do this that I just can locate?

Bob Cozzi

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:57:05 GMT
 Sending messages to FTP client from FTP Server applications

Quote:
>I have an FTP client (doesn't matter what platform).
>I have an FTP Server which I am managing.

>I have written an MFC app that does somethign and generates a one-line
>response with its results.

>What I want to do is to give the FTP client users, the ability to do this
>from within an FTP session:

>QUOTE RCMD  call myapp.exe

>And have a response show up in the FTP client window. Something like:

>250 Your results are: A, B, C, D, E, F ,G

>That's it. Just one line of text is all I have to send back.

>I've tried writing to stdout, printf() and nothing seems to direct it to the
>client.
>Am I barking up the wrong tree here?
>Is there a way to do this that I just can locate?

If this is feasible then it is a feature of your FTP server that
allows it to be extended.  In such a case the implementation is going
to be entirely defined by the FTP server implementation and there
would be no standard method that could be described as a solution.
Which FTP server are you using and have you checked the documentation
to see if it can be extended in the way you need and, if so, how did
it describe providing response text to clients.

Regards,
David.

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:12:00 GMT

1. Problem sending commands to FTP server

2. Sending ftp messages somewhere else

3. Virtual FTP Directories with FTP functions

4. Looking for samples/open source project to write a FTP client in C#

5. Looking for samples/open source project to write a FTP client in C++.NET

6. C# FTP Client

7. C or C++ ftp client code

8. How to program a simple ftp client

9. ftp client sourcecode wanted!!