Old ODBC project - new errors
Author Message
 Old ODBC project - new errors

I have inherited a VC++ 4.2 project running on a Windows 95 machine.

The projects application relied on some CRecordset() derived classes
connected to an
ODBC registered database.

The database in question is listed in the ODBC Managers list and is
connected to the right file.

This program was run for most of last year. Some months have passed since
this program was run on the machine it is resident on.

When the application it is now run it comes up with a small dialog box, in
which the
following four lines are displayed:

"Driver's SQLSetConnectOption failed"
"Driver not capable"
"General error Failed to get the expression service"
"General error One o"

Does anybody have any ideas where I should start looking.

Any pointers/advice/comments gladly appreciated.

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Old ODBC project - new errors
Please download the lateset MDAC drivers from Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/data/mdac2.htm or install of the MSDN disc.

That should solve it.

Charles Steinhardt[MVP]
(To Email: remove NO_SPAM_NO from return address)

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Old Project - New Errors

2. Old Project to New Project

3. How to copy classes from old project into new

4. Compile an old VC5.0 Dll Project under VC6.0 causes error

5. link error porting project file from old version to VC 6.0

6. Compile an old VC5.0 Dll Project under VC6.0 causes error

7. new and old iostream lib/link errors

8. ODBC errors on VC++ startup - ODBC error.jpg (0/1)

9. error when i create a new class with ODBC Consumer

10. New vs.net static library project generates LINK errors

11. Error creating new C++ Project in Visual Studio 7

12. Error when starting a new project