Setting the size of the drop down for a CComboBox control
Author Message
 Setting the size of the drop down for a CComboBox control

    How do you set the size of the drop down for a CComboBox control that is
created dynamically?

Thanks,
Anthony

--
Product Availability Developer
Invensys Avantis - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:34:45 GMT
 Setting the size of the drop down for a CComboBox control

Quote:
>     How do you set the size of the drop down for a CComboBox control that
is
> created dynamically?

The height you specify in your Create call includes thew height of the
dropdown.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:56:32 GMT
 Setting the size of the drop down for a CComboBox control
    That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to matter what I put in as
the bottom cooridate, it is always the same size.

Anthony

--
Product Availability Developer
Invensys Avantis - http://www.avantis.net
Production Management Division

Quote:

> >     How do you set the size of the drop down for a CComboBox control
that
> is
> > created dynamically?

> The height you specify in your Create call includes thew height of the
> dropdown.
> --
> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:25:10 GMT
 Setting the size of the drop down for a CComboBox control
Anthony,
        The actual size will also depend on the font of the combo box.  It
will usually force the height to be based on a multiple of the font's
height.  If you have a different font for the combo than for your
dialog, you'll often get confusing and frustrating results.

Quote:
>     That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to matter what I put in as
> the bottom cooridate, it is always the same size.

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:13:39 GMT
 Setting the size of the drop down for a CComboBox control
    The controls font is the same as the dialogs. So what can I do to set
height of the drop down?  Right now, the down down goes below my dialog.  I
only only want it to show 10 items.

Anthony

--
Product Availability Developer
Invensys Avantis - http://www.avantis.net
Production Management Division

Quote:
> Anthony,
> The actual size will also depend on the font of the combo box.  It
> will usually force the height to be based on a multiple of the font's
> height.  If you have a different font for the combo than for your
> dialog, you'll often get confusing and frustrating results.

> >     That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to matter what I put in
as
> > the bottom cooridate, it is always the same size.

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:38:50 GMT
 Setting the size of the drop down for a CComboBox control
I've only seen this problem when I forgot to explicitly set the font of
the combo box to be that of the dialog.  Otherwise, I'm not sure where
else to look.

Quote:
>     The controls font is the same as the dialogs. So what can I do to set
> height of the drop down?  Right now, the down down goes below my dialog.  I
> only only want it to show 10 items.

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 04:34:13 GMT

1. size of drop-down list of CComboBox

2. CComboBox: how to set length of drop down list

3. CComboBox drop down list

4. CComboBox not dropping down

5. CComboBox doesn't drop down...

6. CComboBox won't drop down past one element

7. number of visible items in the drop-down listbox of CComboBox

8. CComboBox - and yes, it does drop down! :-)

9. Help - Cant get CComboBox to drop down

10. CComboBox won't drop down

11. ComboBox drop down size

12. how to change drop-down size at run time