newbie wants to start IE from within a DLL
Author Message
 newbie wants to start IE from within a DLL

I have written a plug-in for the Eudora e-mail client using VC++.
While using the plug-in to edit incoming messages for resending, I
have to often do the following:

1. start IE if it isn't already up

2. supply a url to IE

3. copy the output returned by IE for use within the plug-in

I want to give the plug-in the ability to do this automatically by
clicking a menu item.  Creating the menu item, and constructing the
http string for IE is simple.  That kind of stuff I've done already,
but I'm way over my head in launcihing IE and picking up it's output.
However, I have no time constraints, and I hope to learn a great deal
just trying this.

I'm reading through Microsoft's MFC documentatin starting with
CHtmlStream and ending with CHttpServerContext.

My first question is: am I at least reading in the right place to do
what I want.

Second question: can anyone recommend a text or on-line available
source dealing with what I'm trying to do:

Finally, if anyone has any code snippets that can help me, they will
be much appreciated.

Also, I guess, I'm uncertain if this is the correct newsgroup for such
a question.

Thanks in advance,

Terry Liittschwager

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:43:09 GMT
 newbie wants to start IE from within a DLL
Try this newsgroup: microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.webbrowser_ctl

IF your goal is to get the content using IE(actuall IWebBrowser2), you dont
really need to automate IE. use MSHTML instead or you can go bare bones and
use CHTTPConnection etc.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> I have written a plug-in for the Eudora e-mail client using VC++.
> While using the plug-in to edit incoming messages for resending, I
> have to often do the following:

> 1. start IE if it isn't already up

> 2. supply a url to IE

> 3. copy the output returned by IE for use within the plug-in

> I want to give the plug-in the ability to do this automatically by
> clicking a menu item.  Creating the menu item, and constructing the
> http string for IE is simple.  That kind of stuff I've done already,
> but I'm way over my head in launcihing IE and picking up it's output.
> However, I have no time constraints, and I hope to learn a great deal
> just trying this.

> I'm reading through Microsoft's MFC documentatin starting with
> CHtmlStream and ending with CHttpServerContext.

> My first question is: am I at least reading in the right place to do
> what I want.

> Second question: can anyone recommend a text or on-line available
> source dealing with what I'm trying to do:

> Finally, if anyone has any code snippets that can help me, they will
> be much appreciated.

> Also, I guess, I'm uncertain if this is the correct newsgroup for such
> a question.

> Thanks in advance,

> Terry Liittschwager

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:20:39 GMT

1. Whoever wants to start the new project with newbie

2. Start Dialog within MFC-Dll

3. Host IE from within a winforms app.

4. call an application within ie browser

5. Similarities Differences of Windows 2000 Search within and IE

6. using the IE engine within my app????

7. starting ie

8. Using ShellExec() to start NEW instance of IE

9. When does IE start rendering an HTML page received from a Http Server

10. Hot link menu item to start IE at URL

11. ie / netscape download with auto start

12. starting IE Maximized