Link error 2001
Author Message
 Link error 2001

Help me!

I'm writing a simple win32 application(hellowin).
but, a link error below occurred.

All I did is only to add winmm.lib to object/library modules.
Its code is the same as Petzold's "Hellowin" program.
I set the project to win32 application obviously.
What' wrong?

LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

Thanks in advance.

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:38:46 GMT
 Link error 2001
I think it is better for you to change the setting in your project.
You know that Win16 and win32 are not the same, they link to different
libraries.

Quote:
> Help me!

> I'm writing a simple win32 application(hellowin).
> but, a link error below occurred.

> All I did is only to add winmm.lib to object/library modules.
> Its code is the same as Petzold's "Hellowin" program.
> I set the project to win32 application obviously.
> What' wrong?

> LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

> Thanks in advance.

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:41:26 GMT
 Link error 2001
WinMain is the main function for a Windows SDK function; it is the
equivalent of "main" in a standard (console) C/C++ program. Look up WinMain
in the VC language documentation. Also look at the sample program; chances
are that there is something different.

Quote:
> Help me!

> I'm writing a simple win32 application(hellowin).
> but, a link error below occurred.

> All I did is only to add winmm.lib to object/library modules.
> Its code is the same as Petzold's "Hellowin" program.
> I set the project to win32 application obviously.
> What' wrong?

> LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

> Thanks in advance.

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:47:25 GMT

1. Linking Error 2001

2. Link error 2001 and 1120

3. Help-Linking Error 2001

4. Linking Error 2001

5. Link Error 2001 for...

6. help: link error 2001

7. Link error 2001

8. LINK ERROR 2001: unresoled external symbol _main

9. link error 2001 using string in multithread app

10. link 2001 error in statically linked mode only

11. link 2001 error when statically linking

12. Link Error 4006,4008,2001