MFC ISAPI gurus?
Author Message
 MFC ISAPI gurus?

!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!

Using Personal Web Server on a Win95 system, I have a problem developing an
ISAPI extension DLL.

I am in the unfortunate position of having to do my development on the same
machine on which the server is running.

If, having caused the server to load DLL by calling it from a web page, I
create a new build of the DLL, I cannot copy the new version to the server's
\scripts directory.  I get a sharing violation - even though I have stopped
both the browser and the server, which I thought should cause the old DLL to
be unloaded.

At the moment I have to re-boot in order to copy the file.  Any ideas what's
going on???

- Hugo

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MFC ISAPI gurus?

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:40:16 -0000, "Hugo Russell"

Quote:

>If, having caused the server to load DLL by calling it from a web page, I
>create a new build of the DLL, I cannot copy the new version to the server's
>\scripts directory.  I get a sharing violation - even though I have stopped
>both the browser and the server, which I thought should cause the old DLL to
>be unloaded.

>At the moment I have to re-boot in order to copy the file.  Any ideas what's
>going on???

It should work.  I am using personal web server and IIS on my NT
workstation and am not having problems.

web server caches the extension on the first time it is run.  It keeps
it in memory until the web service is stopped.

You can
(A) Stop the web server before doing a rebuild, so you will be able to
create the dll
OR
(B) Change a registry setting to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\w3SVC\Parameters\CacheExtensions

If you do turn caching off for development, remember to turn it back
on for production.

I got this info and some good code from "Visual C++ ISAPI Programming"
- Michael Tracy, Wrox Press.   (you can order it from the internet).

He even goes into how to setup the project to debug from your web
server and also how to remote debugging.  Saved me time and headache.

Tom

tom

--
SPAM FILTER ON
remove no and spam from address to email me.

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MFC ISAPI gurus?

Simple !! this is what happens in Windows, and it shouldn't but you
can't do anything about it except one !!

Just make two copies of the DLL file !! maybe rename one of them if
possible. and, place them in diffnt directories. Sharing is a problem
in Windows 95 especially, if a program loads a DLL, there is a
probability that the DLL stays in the Swap space for a long long time
ven after closing the app. Thats the problem

- Sahil Malik

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:40:16 -0000, "Hugo Russell"

Quote:

>!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!

>Using Personal Web Server on a Win95 system, I have a problem developing an
>ISAPI extension DLL.

>I am in the unfortunate position of having to do my development on the same
>machine on which the server is running.

>If, having caused the server to load DLL by calling it from a web page, I
>create a new build of the DLL, I cannot copy the new version to the server's
>\scripts directory.  I get a sharing violation - even though I have stopped
>both the browser and the server, which I thought should cause the old DLL to
>be unloaded.

>At the moment I have to re-boot in order to copy the file.  Any ideas what's
>going on???

>- Hugo

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MFC/ISAPI: Not dependent on MFC?

2. To all MFC gurus - HELP!!!!!!!!

3. To all MFC gurus - HELP!!!!!!!!

4. Need MFC Wininet Guru

5. Work from Home -- MFC Guru

6. To all MFC gurus - HELP!!!!!!!!

7. MFC/C++ Guru needed: A CArray of CArrays

8. Problem getting key events in MFC window (guru needed)

9. MFC Guru's what are these threads ?

10. MFC Internet guru needed

11. MFC gurus, help me!

12. MFC Gurus !